GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The apprentice-discussion forum"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 04/04/07 at 22:28
Regular
"eat toast!"
I'm sure a fair few of you watch this program and probably enjoying it like me. Anyway, we can discuss the episode tonight was particualry ruthless and nasty.

The challenge was to create and promote a product for Dogs. The boys team (eclipse) came up with a utility belt (looking more like a sash or a miltary gear) and the girls (stealth) developed a doggie cupboard where you could store all your doggie goods, food, belts, clothes etc. 2 pretty dubious products, eclipses belt product was panned by the focus group (which prefered the other idea of a blanket that caught hairs and was machine washable). Another with questionable target market making it difficult or challenging to sell. Neverless, the girls won by a massive margin. For the boys, it was a double blow with 2 members of their team leaving.

My 2 cents: The project manager really was useless, he's creditenals really did hint at it already. Bankrupt twice and choose a pretty autocratic style that didn't rub very well nor was he any good at management either. A key problem was partially the project leaders personal pride and intergrity that made him such a lousy leader. Too proud to take advice, critism and thought he good enough to make effective decisons. He had no business acumin at all (hence the record)

Stating that you're the boss (as noted right at the start of the challenge) and you have all the power is foolish in business. Its the workers who get the job done and not the managers. Managers are the brains and ensures that they get the work done (In fairness, 2 sharks in the group would cause problems in the long run.). There were so many situations and key moments that could have been resolved but the project manager refused to listen to the most disruptive member of the group (tray?) who was giving some pretty valid pointers like the delay of the other members within the focus group. Nor was he very decisive in decison making and by the look of things made a half arsed commitment to things.

But that said, tray was very disruptive and a valid point that he likes to be in control and frequently antagonsitic. He seems to have the drive, motivation and force to win, but his blunt attitude and refusal to accept authority really makes him a liablity. To be fair to the project manager, whilst his product didn't win, there was still no guarentee that the other product would have beaten the girls mammouth victory despite the good feedback from the focus group. This wasn't helped by the fact that another team member acutally had a degree in product design and didn't contribute at all.

So whats your thoughts on tonights show. Any comments on the first show or next weeks one?
Thu 31/05/07 at 20:41
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
alan loves simon.

he clearly put lohit with the other girls, thinking theyd lose, so he could fire one of their sorry asses, but katie survived yet another lucky lucky week

he doesnt seem keen on lohit (if you remember his comments about him 2 weeks ago) but i think that he'll take simon through to the final. i really cant see him keeping katie, not with her attitude, i think the same goes for tre unless he sees an improvement in the next task. humble tre could accompany simon through. christina doesnt seem great, so i reckon if lohit doesnt a**e up this interview thing, and shows alan some hunger, itll be him and simon going into the final.
Wed 30/05/07 at 22:51
Regular
"8==="
Was good.

They're all still crap though.
Wed 30/05/07 at 22:06
Regular
"eat toast!"
Tonights episode was hilarious mostly because of the ritualistic humilitation that was available. Both did poorly in selling and crap products sold all round. I was gunning for simon to get fired as he lead the team from disaster to disaster. Whats more he was an ineffective in presenting and in the background.

Still, got to give it to him, he managed to picked (arbeit dubious) products that made money. But in my opininon crap acting and crap assistance in the background would have made him leave. Naiomi was fired for the products chosen that didn't sell, fair enough, but still simon deserved to leave.
Wed 30/05/07 at 22:03
Regular
Do you agree that blondie should have been fired? I want to say the wheelchair idea was bad but then they did end up selling 2 of them =/

Fiver says Mr Sugar will never hire Tre, he's just there to make things interesting.

I'll miss blondies chest. She provided us with a few cleavage shots tonight. =)
Wed 30/05/07 at 12:41
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Finally saw it last night, and for once neither team did paqrticularly badly, and it was nice to see Katie on the the winning team for once.

I want one of those South African rocking things purely for novelty value, and the portable light-box thing I can see as being actually quitea good idea, as sufferers of Seasonal Affective Disorder and yuppies alike would buy them. Rug kits? Not such a great idea, but if they came in a range of designs, I'd consider getting some.

Where was it lost? The products themselves (A light purifier with static? Too Bohemian, if not too risky!), and the failure to get their contacts sorted out the day before - in fact, that would have helped both teams a lot.

Still, not a bad effort from either team - for once, the losers weren't heavily beaten!
Thu 24/05/07 at 22:08
Regular
"eat toast!"
Still giving off that much static is a cause of concern without some protection or the static stopped. What if it started a fire from a static discharge or something*

*I don't know, it could happen. Could cause meltdown or triggering something around the environment.
Thu 24/05/07 at 19:12
"LOLLERSKATES!"
I hardly think an Air Purifier could kill you. I get the same sensation when I put my feet on the DVD recorder while touching my Ipod plugged into the USB, it just makes you jump a bit.
Thu 24/05/07 at 17:10
Regular
"eat toast!"
to me, choosing the swedish stuff wasn't the best of ideas. Some how, it felt like we had seen it all before. Oh and the lamp that creates static should be rebranded as a health hazard. It could kill someone or hurt something.

But looking back, there aren't many decent goods on offer to the candidates.
Thu 24/05/07 at 11:41
"LOLLERSKATES!"
I'm watching that at the moment, and they just showed a clip from the Baftas of the guy who won the fellowship Richard Curtis, the guy who wrote Vicar of Diblay, Blackadder, Four Weddings And A Funeral, Founder of Comic Relief, Campaigner against global poverty, and his closing line of his speech was "Me and the other members of the felloship will grow long beards and go out and kill that posh bird on The Apprentice".
Thu 24/05/07 at 11:37
Regular
She is to the presenter of that You're Fired thing on BBC2. Always showing her flirting and batting her eyelids at Sugar.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.