GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The apprentice-discussion forum"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 04/04/07 at 22:28
Regular
"eat toast!"
I'm sure a fair few of you watch this program and probably enjoying it like me. Anyway, we can discuss the episode tonight was particualry ruthless and nasty.

The challenge was to create and promote a product for Dogs. The boys team (eclipse) came up with a utility belt (looking more like a sash or a miltary gear) and the girls (stealth) developed a doggie cupboard where you could store all your doggie goods, food, belts, clothes etc. 2 pretty dubious products, eclipses belt product was panned by the focus group (which prefered the other idea of a blanket that caught hairs and was machine washable). Another with questionable target market making it difficult or challenging to sell. Neverless, the girls won by a massive margin. For the boys, it was a double blow with 2 members of their team leaving.

My 2 cents: The project manager really was useless, he's creditenals really did hint at it already. Bankrupt twice and choose a pretty autocratic style that didn't rub very well nor was he any good at management either. A key problem was partially the project leaders personal pride and intergrity that made him such a lousy leader. Too proud to take advice, critism and thought he good enough to make effective decisons. He had no business acumin at all (hence the record)

Stating that you're the boss (as noted right at the start of the challenge) and you have all the power is foolish in business. Its the workers who get the job done and not the managers. Managers are the brains and ensures that they get the work done (In fairness, 2 sharks in the group would cause problems in the long run.). There were so many situations and key moments that could have been resolved but the project manager refused to listen to the most disruptive member of the group (tray?) who was giving some pretty valid pointers like the delay of the other members within the focus group. Nor was he very decisive in decison making and by the look of things made a half arsed commitment to things.

But that said, tray was very disruptive and a valid point that he likes to be in control and frequently antagonsitic. He seems to have the drive, motivation and force to win, but his blunt attitude and refusal to accept authority really makes him a liablity. To be fair to the project manager, whilst his product didn't win, there was still no guarentee that the other product would have beaten the girls mammouth victory despite the good feedback from the focus group. This wasn't helped by the fact that another team member acutally had a degree in product design and didn't contribute at all.

So whats your thoughts on tonights show. Any comments on the first show or next weeks one?
Thu 17/05/07 at 01:14
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
Biggie Little Jr. wrote:
> I really hope Katie goes next. Gazelle had to go, she was just
> useless. Their add was just atrocious.
>
> Tre to win!

yeah. that chicks team is just gonna lose every task. There is no beating Lohit, Tre and the Black White dude \o/
Wed 16/05/07 at 22:06
"LOLLERSKATES!"
I really hope Katie goes next. Gazelle had to go, she was just useless. Their add was just atrocious.

Tre to win!
Thu 10/05/07 at 22:23
Regular
"eat toast!"
Biggie Little Jr. wrote:
> Is it me or has Tre quitened down a bit recently? I just remember
> the bit int the second episode (it's in the opening sequence)
> were the guy goes "I am your boss" and Tre replies
> "You're nothing to me".

a great come back in any arguement about authority.
Thu 10/05/07 at 20:34
"LOLLERSKATES!"
Is it me or has Tre quitened down a bit recently? I just remember the bit int the second episode (it's in the opening sequence) were the guy goes "I am your boss" and Tre replies "You're nothing to me".
Thu 10/05/07 at 16:06
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I thoroughly concur with the Tre comments, the guy is legendary!
Thu 10/05/07 at 10:44
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
that whole losing team are gonna go. The sugardaddy is clearly keeping them together, knowing they are pants and are gonna lose tasks.

Tre is awesome :D

And yes, Katie needs a slap.
Wed 09/05/07 at 23:20
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
I remember that episode...it made me laugh when the woman winked at him and he fired her hahaha
Wed 09/05/07 at 23:06
Regular
"eat toast!"
If katie didn't shut up she would probably have been sacked for being disruptive. A bit like one of the US episodes whereby during the board room, donald trump got annoyed that someone who was on very thin ice decided to jump into an arguement that had absolutely nothing to do with him.
Wed 09/05/07 at 22:58
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Yeah, Katie wouldnt shut up! "Sir Alan" had to tell her to hush her gums in the end! I like it when they get told to shut up though.

Tre makes me laugh every episode though, i didnt like him at first but now i think he is quality!
Wed 09/05/07 at 22:43
"LOLLERSKATES!"
That drink comment was very personal, I was sad to see Adam go as he wanted it the most and was victimised a bit. I see Katie and Christina arguing and bitching next week, Katie's always got someone to moan about, I hope she goes next.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.