GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The apprentice-discussion forum"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 04/04/07 at 22:28
Regular
"eat toast!"
I'm sure a fair few of you watch this program and probably enjoying it like me. Anyway, we can discuss the episode tonight was particualry ruthless and nasty.

The challenge was to create and promote a product for Dogs. The boys team (eclipse) came up with a utility belt (looking more like a sash or a miltary gear) and the girls (stealth) developed a doggie cupboard where you could store all your doggie goods, food, belts, clothes etc. 2 pretty dubious products, eclipses belt product was panned by the focus group (which prefered the other idea of a blanket that caught hairs and was machine washable). Another with questionable target market making it difficult or challenging to sell. Neverless, the girls won by a massive margin. For the boys, it was a double blow with 2 members of their team leaving.

My 2 cents: The project manager really was useless, he's creditenals really did hint at it already. Bankrupt twice and choose a pretty autocratic style that didn't rub very well nor was he any good at management either. A key problem was partially the project leaders personal pride and intergrity that made him such a lousy leader. Too proud to take advice, critism and thought he good enough to make effective decisons. He had no business acumin at all (hence the record)

Stating that you're the boss (as noted right at the start of the challenge) and you have all the power is foolish in business. Its the workers who get the job done and not the managers. Managers are the brains and ensures that they get the work done (In fairness, 2 sharks in the group would cause problems in the long run.). There were so many situations and key moments that could have been resolved but the project manager refused to listen to the most disruptive member of the group (tray?) who was giving some pretty valid pointers like the delay of the other members within the focus group. Nor was he very decisive in decison making and by the look of things made a half arsed commitment to things.

But that said, tray was very disruptive and a valid point that he likes to be in control and frequently antagonsitic. He seems to have the drive, motivation and force to win, but his blunt attitude and refusal to accept authority really makes him a liablity. To be fair to the project manager, whilst his product didn't win, there was still no guarentee that the other product would have beaten the girls mammouth victory despite the good feedback from the focus group. This wasn't helped by the fact that another team member acutally had a degree in product design and didn't contribute at all.

So whats your thoughts on tonights show. Any comments on the first show or next weeks one?
Thu 07/06/07 at 12:46
Regular
Simon is far too nervous. He keeps looking down and looking away from the people he talks to.

I enjoyed the banter between Katie and that one woman on that You're Fired program.
Thu 07/06/07 at 12:32
Regular
"lets go back"
Im glad Tre didnt get to the final. He had some good business skills, but he thought far too much of himself. There is a difference between confidence and arrogance. He was far to angry and defensive when questioned too. Sometime you need to admit defeat and move on but he had to much pride to do that.
Thu 07/06/07 at 10:46
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
simon'll win, sir alan thinks hes great, or hed have got rid of him long ago when he lost tasks and did bad
Thu 07/06/07 at 08:21
"LOLLERSKATES!"
A Katie quote; "Maternity leave and all that bull"
Wed 06/06/07 at 22:41
Regular
"eat toast!"
Machie wrote:
> Wow that one guy is a brilliant land lord =D Not someone I want
> working for me.
>
> Had a feeling Katie would quit, I suppose it's good for Alex as
> he doesnt waste the spot in the final.

That was probably more on the fact she didn't want to humilitate herself or alan sugar when she left. She has far too much pride. She'd probably go for Death before dishonour.
Wed 06/06/07 at 22:37
"LOLLERSKATES!"
spoonbeast wrote:
> Biggie Little Jr. wrote:
> Katie must go, So must Simon, although Alan seems keen on Simon
> so i'm guessing a Simon V Christina final. Hopefully, and
> deservably, Tre will be in the final though.
>
> what a brilliant guess you jammy git. Katie deserved to go
> especially when she was only doing it to massage her ego then
> anything else.
>
> God did half of the final contestants look like crooks and liars
> out of the interviews.

;) Should have been Tre and Christina though, I think Tre's argumentative and defensive nature cost him, but the incompetance of Simon ultimately prevailed. Chritina for the job though, and thank God Katie wasn't in the final. Anyone see her big argument with that businesswoman on The Apprentice - You're Fired!?
Wed 06/06/07 at 22:19
Regular
Wow that one guy is a brilliant land lord =D Not someone I want working for me.

Had a feeling Katie would quit, I suppose it's good for Alex as he doesnt waste the spot in the final.
Wed 06/06/07 at 22:13
Regular
"eat toast!"
Biggie Little Jr. wrote:
> Katie must go, So must Simon, although Alan seems keen on Simon
> so i'm guessing a Simon V Christina final. Hopefully, and
> deservably, Tre will be in the final though.

what a brilliant guess you jammy git. Katie deserved to go especially when she was only doing it to massage her ego then anything else.

God did half of the final contestants look like crooks and liars out of the interviews.
Mon 04/06/07 at 22:13
"LOLLERSKATES!"
Katie must go, So must Simon, although Alan seems keen on Simon so i'm guessing a Simon V Christina final. Hopefully, and deservably, Tre will be in the final though.
Thu 31/05/07 at 22:08
Regular
"eat toast!"
well, we'll see next week when we do a sacking bonanza and wipe out multiple people in one go.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.