GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why Sony are number 1"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 27/06/03 at 13:18
Regular
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/primal/news_6030684.html

Sony to sponsor Ozzfest 2003.
It's things like this, and sponsoring skate tournaments and various other Gen X events that promote the brand, encourage sales and increase loyalty.
Capturing the market with disposable income and a love for video games.

And, this isn't a knock on Nintendo, but that's why Nintendo are forever stuck as "kiddy" and lack the sorts of sales in Europe that Sony do. Because they dont market themselves very well.
Fri 27/06/03 at 23:10
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Yeah Sony are always sponsoring skate events, I've even seen the X Box logo creeping it's way in now and again in the skating world yet my fav Nintendo don't even get a look in anywhere.

Even if they did who would skate a board with Nintendo on the bottom, I'd be scared to kicklip in case anyone saw it :)
Fri 27/06/03 at 23:00
"period drama"
Goatamoeba

Mine.

SMASH
Fri 27/06/03 at 22:13
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
gerrid wrote:
> My catchphrases are better, Goatbi.

And I think you'll find 'Goatbi' is mine. As is Goatunderdevelopedpeni, Goatfoetus, as well as a few others I can't remember.

ROAR.
Fri 27/06/03 at 19:34
"I love yo... lamp."
I also failed to see your point about practicality. When the product being marketed is a designer, desirous, expensive piece of electronics you just aim to woo people. That is how you get interest. You don't mention practicality. Think about it. What would happen if Nintendo mentioned the Gamecube having a handle in an advert? It would end up bringing negative comments.
Fri 27/06/03 at 19:32
They are?
WOW!!!
Fri 27/06/03 at 19:32
"I love yo... lamp."
Hedfix wrote:
> gerrid wrote:
> Goatboy wrote:
> I've
> done it here as part of my work, introducing buzz words and
> catchphrases until they've attained common usage.
> "Muuuuuh"
> "Gaycube"
> "Nintardo"
> "*fap fap fap fap fap fap*" etc, nonsense words that now
> are
> used as part of the everyday lexicon here and may spread into common
> usage outside as well.
>
> And they must have taken you ages :D
>
> look: Bletch
> Xsux
> SAMeY
>
> Made in less than 20 seconds. You get my point.

No we don't. None of your words have ever been used by other users on the board.
Fri 27/06/03 at 19:01
Regular
"aliens exist"
sony are no1 purely becuase of advertising, theyve got the best marketing peeps,

if nintendo put its hand in its pocket a little more and advertised more then they could easily be no1 on the quality of games.
Fri 27/06/03 at 18:51
Regular
Interesting post.

And yes. Sony are doing something that Nintendo cannot do well.....Advertise.

Oh and Xbox is sponsoring the Robbie Williams tour..
Fri 27/06/03 at 18:27
Regular
Yup, Nintendo really do suck nuts at advertising. The annoying thing is, the few adverts they have done, Metroid Prime, Eternal Darkness (well, the poster add was good), Resi, are actually really good.

If only we got the 'Super Famicon' Zelda advert, things would be so different :-D
Fri 27/06/03 at 17:20
Regular
"8==="
gerrid wrote:
> Goatboy wrote:
> I've
> done it here as part of my work, introducing buzz words and
> catchphrases until they've attained common usage.
> "Muuuuuh"
> "Gaycube"
> "Nintardo"
> "*fap fap fap fap fap fap*" etc, nonsense words that now
> are
> used as part of the everyday lexicon here and may spread into common
> usage outside as well.

And they must have taken you ages :D

look: Bletch
Xsux
SAMeY

Made in less than 20 seconds. You get my point.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.