GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hitman 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Hitman 2'.
Fri 27/06/03 at 21:27
Regular
I picked this up from an 'Indy' today.

Excellent game. Aren't quite feeling what NGC seemed to like about it quite yet, but it is pretty good fun, and also techinicly sublime.

Done the first level (gaem involves A LOT of patience) and got a proffessional rating, after my first try of 'Gun for hire' as I massacred all and sundry.

I reccommend. Now on St. Petersburg, and it looks lurvly.
Page:
Sat 12/07/03 at 23:50
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I was really surprised on the 3rd mission when I was allowed to plant a bomb freely on the car (when there are two guards standing next to me). They didn't even get suspicious.

I got a Silent Assassin, laughing. Ahah.
Sat 12/07/03 at 23:49
Regular
They also didn't appear to notice me firing several shots off behind them.
Sat 12/07/03 at 23:38
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
And the enemies don't notice it when you leave a suit lying about.
Sat 12/07/03 at 23:37
Regular
Yeah I heard they were making it.

I want to see more levels like the Party level in the sequel and less levels like the underground bunker level. Also I reckon they should have a way of mopping up the blood or something, seems a bit stupid moving bodies but leaving 6 pints of blood on the floor.

Excellent game though, can't wait for the sequel.
Sat 12/07/03 at 22:11
Regular
Wow you've finished it already? Pretty quick, ending is cool and last mission rocks. I heard Eidos might be making Hitman 3
Sat 12/07/03 at 20:50
Regular
I thought that at first, I found myself getting shot at for no reason. After a while though yu'll realise why you're getting shot at and it'll become 2nd nature to you to avoid situations like that.

I've had no problem with the controls though, they work perfectly. As for 1st person mode, there wasn't a single moment in the game when I felt compelled to use it anyway, it's just a nice extra if you really want it.

Excellent game it is, maybe it's just not for you?

Anyway, just completed it. First game in ages that I really didn't want to finish, still got loads of Silent Assasin ratings to get and guns to unlock though.
Sat 12/07/03 at 19:03
Regular
The controls are bad, the floor textures flicker in some places, the movement is clunky, it has that gay 'just walk into it' climbing system; which also means you can't climb down things because you can't walk into it, and the first person mode doesn't even match that of Wolfenstein 3D.

Also it's damn annoying to be in a disguise, and then by merely walking to a certain area everyone open fires on you without warning; meaning you end up playing the same parts over and over until you've discovered where you won't get shot at for doing nothing and not acting suspiscious.

And seeing as moving any quicker than tortoise through treacle is considered suspicious activity, it gets tedious and irritating very quickly.
Sat 12/07/03 at 18:55
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
The controls take a while to get used to. But at least you can go back to the earlier missions to improve on them once you're better at the game.
Sat 12/07/03 at 18:51
Regular
I got this today.

It's painful to play.
Sat 12/07/03 at 15:07
Regular
Gah

Wrong topic.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.