GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Contemplating buying an X-box..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 01/07/03 at 09:14
Regular
Thats right, if i get a job, I will buy one of Microsoft's Love Boxes.

However, what games should I buy?

Only game that comes to me to buy is Halo...

Sugestions please... :D
Wed 02/07/03 at 01:13
"I love yo... lamp."
And of course in the autmn some time there is Counterstrike to look forward to. I bet it'll be better than Halo, in the same way that Perfect Dark was better than Goldeneye. Apparently.
Wed 02/07/03 at 01:25
Regular
Counter Strike isn't better than Halo. For starters its brains over braun and there isn't a single player campaign.

Fantastic online game though, can't wait!
Wed 02/07/03 at 01:29
Regular
"8==="
No CS isn't better. But Half-Life 2 and Doom 3 will give Halo something to compare itself to.
Wed 02/07/03 at 01:34
"I love yo... lamp."
Your forgetting the "I bet it'll". It will. It isn't out on the Xbox yet. So until it is you can't say for definite it won't better Halo. And it will have a single player mode on the Xbox. So ner ner.
Wed 02/07/03 at 01:39
Regular
"8==="
*re-reads thread*. Oh HALO! Ok it won't beat Halo 2. However Halo's kind of in a league of its own, as are Perfect Dark and Timesplitters 2.

CS is at the top of it's league too.

The FPS genre is too wide now. I like each of the games I have mentioned but comparing them is like saying chalk is better than cheese.
Wed 02/07/03 at 11:06
Regular
I suggest he gets Oddworld Munch's Oddysee.
Wed 02/07/03 at 11:47
Regular
"accidental superher"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Counter Strike isn't better than Halo. For starters its brains over
> braun and there isn't a single player campaign.
>
> Fantastic online game though, can't wait!

Yes it's a fantastice online game...
but the counterstrike: condition zero (i think that's the official name) WILL have a single player of some sort...AI bots for definate, don't think there'll be a storyline though
Wed 02/07/03 at 11:49
Regular
"accidental superher"
Personal recommendations:
Halo
Burnout 2
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Project Gotham Racing
Jet Set Radio Future
Splinter Cell
Crazy Taxi 3 (look for an unbuggy copy though)
moto gp 2
morrowind (REALLY have to spend ages getting into the game)
shenmue 2 (maybe...good story which keeps me playing)
tony hawks pro skater 4
midtown madness 3 (for the brilliant online play)
xbox live of course
Wed 02/07/03 at 12:17
Regular
AI bots will suck. They should take the exact engine from Counter Strike and implement it into a story.

Oh and no it won't be better than Halo because its just a focused online game. There is no way I would compare an online tactical shooter to an offline out and out shooter with a story line. Counter Strike was around LOOOOOOOOONG before Halo reach the surface and from what I have read they aren't making major changes to the gameplay but they are just sproocing up the graphics. So ner ner!
Wed 02/07/03 at 22:45
Regular
If Halo 2 doesn't have bots in multiplayer then I'm going to kill Bungie.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.