GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My TR:AOD impressions"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/07/03 at 19:20
Regular
Right, first off it's not the game everyone is waiting for, sadly. The controls are terrible and i have to be honest, worst i've seen in a game yet, Lara must take an extra 10 seconds after you have pushed the walking control (for example) to make her actaully walk!! The same goes to every move she has, which ruins the game straight away. Secondly it has more bugs then a back garden: Fall to your Death and Lara still screams in the Game Over options menu, and after playing for five minutes i've had to turn the console off and back on again as it froze, i can sense a terrible bug later on in the game which will stop you from playing on!!! but we will just have to wait and see. The Graphics are surpeb in cut-scenes but fall to mediocre while playing, however i reckon they get better later on as the first level is dark and rainy anyway, so i'm ready to take this point back. I don't know exactly what Eidos or Core (who do i blame??) have been doing for the last 5 or so years? Not concentrating on this game, that's a fact.

HOWEVER, I think it's great, it's really weird. All these problems haven't made me stop playing it and in 10 minutes of play i must of died at least 10 times (loading to get back into game terrible as well) but it still hasn't stopped me from going on and trying again, but if Trial and Error isn't your thing, Tomb Raider is not for you, SO STEER WELL CLEAR...

If you have been waiting for this for years, get ready for a big shock, your going to be very dissapointed. I have hated every Tomb Raider game since Number 1, but the hype has made me buy this, so i haven't highly anticipated it, making it quite a good game. but for the rest of you, you might begin to think Lara should of died in the last one. I rate this game 6/10 :S
Fri 04/07/03 at 21:22
Regular
"The Red Shift"
on a completely unrelated subject. how swiftly have the standards dropped in ops2. i thought this months wasnt that bad, but it is awful whats in them now. but its still the best. anyone know if the AofD is available for rental yet?
Fri 04/07/03 at 20:58
"High polygon count"
Clazon wrote:
> yes or no please.

Can't give you a simple answer, I'm afraid!

My advice would have to be "try before you buy". There are three threads here giving totally different viewpoints.

On my own personal experience, I would say "yes". Others will tell you different.

Try and get a go on it in-store somewhere, or wait for a demo on OPS2 mags coverdisc.
Fri 04/07/03 at 20:57
Regular
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> I'm not the one with the problem.

*Sniggers*

Takes two to tango.
Fri 04/07/03 at 20:53
Regular
"The Red Shift"
so a simple question, should i buy it or not? there hasnt been a game in ages that ive wanted to buy. there have been a couple of dry years when it comes to good games and this was a big name game. yes or no please.
Fri 04/07/03 at 18:54
"High polygon count"
I'm not the one with the problem.
Fri 04/07/03 at 16:51
Regular
So whats your problem? I was countering a pretty pathetic statement.
Fri 04/07/03 at 14:01
"High polygon count"
Darwock wrote:
> I see Alastair has resorted to listing games and making statements
> like "I've owned every console since the NES".

The last refuge of the terminally undermined.
Fri 04/07/03 at 13:56
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Nope, they're just being to gentle with the pads!
Fri 04/07/03 at 11:17
Regular
Mr Pínk wrote:
> which is why if you whack up quickly

You really shouldn't write things like that in a thread about Tomb Raider. People will get the wrong idea.

:D
Fri 04/07/03 at 11:05
Regular
Geek?

Far from it. The fact that I play a lot of games in my spare time is irrelavant. I still play Sunday League football and go to the gym on a regular basis. When I ome home I like to sit and watch a DVD and play a few games. I wasn't even going to mention that until Wookie said he had played a lot more games than I had which was a stupid argument considering the fact that we were talking about the next gen consoles.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.