GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Latley I have been mostly playing..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 16/07/03 at 22:37
Regular
Timesplitters 2

I don't know why, I finished Zelda and decided to return to my older titles rather than lunge into any new ones (Pokemon soon yay). I should really play the still far from complete Metroid but that bores me so I had a laugh a minute blast on the frankly excellent and addictive Timesplitters 2, had some mates over to play it too. This is turning out just like Perfect Dark on how much I play it.

So go on what have you been playing? and why?
Page:
Thu 17/07/03 at 16:16
Regular
RastaBillySkank wrote:
>Mario World (Best game of *ALL* time)

Agreed
Thu 17/07/03 at 15:39
Regular
"You've upset me"
GC - Jedi Knight 2 (Deathmatches), Smash Bros (Various)
N64 - Perfect Dark (Some missions, mostly deathmatches), Worms Armageddon (Deathmatches), Mario Kart (GP's)
SNES - Mario Kart (GP's), Super Probotector (I have no idea why...), Sensible Soccer, Mario World (Best game of *ALL* time)
Thu 17/07/03 at 12:49
Regular
gamezfreak wrote:
> Lately I have been enjoying my games, rather then picking errors and
> considering them crap.

I'm guessing that's a dig at me saying Brute Force is crap.

I've tried to enjoy it, infact I actually enjoyed the first few levels, even though it felt rather souless it still managed to hold my attention.

Then you realise every level is exactly the same and it really isn't gonna get any better. It really is just uninspired toss, looks amazing but plays terribly. You can't polish a tu*d.
Thu 17/07/03 at 12:30
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Haven't really played anything recently, except decided to try and finish the Metroid Prime game (on hard mode) I'd got quite far on a while back. Can't beat the Omega Pirate though. First go I got annihilated because I'd half forgotten the controls and he kept getting in close and smacking my head in with large clawed hands. After a few goes I nearly had him beat, but one of those space pirates that come help him refused to die and I ended up trying to dodge fire from two sides and getting blown up by something or other. Anyway, probably beat him some time today, then not sure what else there's left to do apart from grab the artifacts. Oh, and get 100% scans (nearly there already, 90+%)!

Once that's done I'm sure I'll go back to win Zelda again at some point. And I've had the urge to do some Eternal Darkness and Resi again, but haven't really had the time.
Thu 17/07/03 at 12:03
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I haven't played much on my Gamecube lately, in fact I haven't played much games on any of my two consoles over the past few weeks. I am currently addicted to Mafia on the PC though, which I'm playing through for a second time. It's actually better than I remember it, and certainly is much better than the GTA games.
Thu 17/07/03 at 11:54
Regular
I've been playing counter-strike and day of defeat and when I go on my gamecube I'll play Conflict Desert Storm.
Thu 17/07/03 at 11:43
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Goldeneye and ISS98 on the N64.

Because they rock muchly.
Thu 17/07/03 at 11:00
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Oh, and that also reminds me - I've been playing on my GBA SP a lot, recently, also. The only game I've been playing is Zelda: A Link to the Past, though. I've completed Go! Go! Beckham, got stuck in Yoshi's Island and can't seem to get-to-grips with Tony Hawk's 3... And I'm taking a break from Oracle of Ages, now that I have this 'classic' Zelda adventure - which I'm enjoying, while finding very similar to Ocarina of Time, in many ways (kind of like The Wind Waker).
Thu 17/07/03 at 10:49
Regular
"  "
Lately I've been playing loads of mixed games as usual...

GC-

Speed Kings- Nifty games, gets a little boring, but only as much as Burnout did.

Doshin- Quite a bizarre game. Quite relaxed and easy. Not bad at all.

PS2-

Eye Toy- Fantastic creation but the games have become a little boring and it's been too hot to jump around.

SOCOM online- Simply a great online game.

THPS 4- Playing online but 1 player is actually more fun.

GBA-

Pokemon Ruby- Pretty damn addictive, especially with the incentive of beating Damarus hands down.

*Shakes fist at Solskjaer* Next week for me hopefully. :P
Thu 17/07/03 at 10:42
Regular
"Long time no see!"
`World Soccer Winning Eleven 6: Final Evolution´ (on Japanese import, obviously). A game I reccomend that ANY football fan gets - there's simply nothing else quite like anywhere else around the world (...on GameCube, anyway). Don't worry about all that Japanese text - player and club names can be translated, and it's not that hard to work our what-does-what once you've had a play around.

The game is fantastic - even though I'm currently struggling to score goals in all the friendlies I play (...and always manage to lose!).

It's quite like the real thing, with some brilliant player animations and spot-on ball-physics.

I'm looking to try and get my head around the whole editing system first so I can update the teams, before I start a proper tournament or competition. ....That, and I'm trying to actually get GOOD at this game, after the likes of FIFA 2003 and ISS 2, of course.

Brilliant commentary, too. You may not be able to understand Japanese, but when the ball hits the back-of-the-net, you'll be reminded of the good-old days with ISS '64. :)

Get it NOW!

I also had a go on Hitman 2 when that arrived as my GAD claim (thanks again, SR! :) ), and it seems like a brilliant game with a huge sense of freedom and 'do-it-your-own-way' inside. Although, in places, the graphics go a bit "PS.2", and the controls are a little awkward.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.