GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Latley I have been mostly playing..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 16/07/03 at 22:37
Regular
Timesplitters 2

I don't know why, I finished Zelda and decided to return to my older titles rather than lunge into any new ones (Pokemon soon yay). I should really play the still far from complete Metroid but that bores me so I had a laugh a minute blast on the frankly excellent and addictive Timesplitters 2, had some mates over to play it too. This is turning out just like Perfect Dark on how much I play it.

So go on what have you been playing? and why?
Page:
Thu 17/07/03 at 21:26
Regular
Hedfix wrote:

> The game is versatile and all the complaints I've seen stem from those
> who are convinced it is merely a 'run and gun game'.

It is a run and gun game, there's no reason to employ any type of tactics when the best thing to do is strafe and hold the fire button down.

Any way enough talking about this dull game, if you like it then I'm happy for you. I'll just be taking the first opportunity to trade it in.
Thu 17/07/03 at 21:08
Regular
"8==="
Tiltawhirl wrote:

No matter what you say, Brute Force is just
> a run and gun shooter

I could say the same thing about playing Goldeneye/C:DS/TS2 on Easy.

The game is versatile and all the complaints I've seen stem from those who are convinced it is merely a 'run and gun game'.

If you are after a great run and gun game I'd suggest you get the Serious Sam game you were going to get.
Thu 17/07/03 at 20:49
Regular
Hedfix wrote:

> Then you realise every level is exactly the same and it really isn't
> gonna get any better.
>
> You really need to get further into it.

I've just killed that shadoon gimp, I'm a couple of levels after that. As far as I can see, I'm approaching the end of the game. The sooner it ends the better, then I can trade it in for something decent.

> No more than C:DS is toss.

Other than having a squad 'supposedly' backing you, the game has very little in common with CDS. You actually have to use strategy on CDS, tense gun fights etc etc. No matter what you say, Brute Force is just a run and gun shooter and your team mates do very little to help you. You can take it slowly if you really want to, but at the end of the day there's no point, you're better off just using the Tex and Brutus and holding the fire button down.

Anyway I won't argue with you, it's all opinion. I'll be trading it in as soon as a game gets released that looks like being worth my money.
Thu 17/07/03 at 20:40
Regular
"8==="
Tiltawhirl wrote:

> Then you realise every level is exactly the same and it really isn't
> gonna get any better.

You really need to get further into it.

It really is just uninspired toss, looks amazing
> but plays terribly.

No more than C:DS is toss.
Thu 17/07/03 at 20:20
"Uzi Lover"
Me been playing Wario World.

Here I goooooooo. I love the little sounds he makes.
Thu 17/07/03 at 19:54
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
TS2 yes BUT if it didnt crash so much on me. But mainly Hitman 2 and MQ :P
Thu 17/07/03 at 19:33
Regular
"You've upset me"
Damarus wrote:
> Agreed

Ayyyyyyyy :-)
Thu 17/07/03 at 18:42
"period drama"
I be playing Burnout 2.
I was most dissapointed when I got nothing for getting all golds in Crash mode. There's no excuses, I should have got something.
Like a car.
Or some pr0n.

Anywho, the game rules.
Although it'll turn out too short - I think I've almost finished already (got it on Monday)
Thu 17/07/03 at 18:14
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
Been playing the very enjoyable hitman 2!
Thu 17/07/03 at 18:09
Regular
I can't stop playing Skies of Arcadia since I acquired it. Top-notch storyline, interesting concepts - its the first time I've really been engrossed in an RPG, but this is addictive stuff.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.