GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS3 Launch Thread"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 23/03/07 at 13:18
"possibly impossible"
So, The PS3 is out (and still in the shops now).

Did you get one? Do you have an import? Or are you not interested because of the price/you're broke/can't be bothered?

Now all 3 Next-Gen consoles are finally out, we can actually settle back and see which one will come out top, but until then, anyone go to a launch or early opening?
Sat 24/03/07 at 15:28
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
80 people turned up for the Sydney, Australia launch, were outnumbered by the press, and the next day the Sydney Morning Herald called the launch 'feeble'.

Amazon.co.uk still has PS3's in stock which, for a newly launched next gen console, is rather unusual compared with the mad scrambling that went on to ensure delivery of a 360 or Wii at launch.

I think Sony need a killer app fast, (MotorStorm and R:FOM don't seem to be cutting it), or else it'll be a case of their competitors saying "Welcome to 3rd place."
Sat 24/03/07 at 15:10
Regular
"8==="
---The HMV event was run in conjunction with Sega, who were giving away copies of Virtua Tennis 3 to the first 150 people to buy a PS3. When asked if she was disappointed that only 100 or so people came to the event, as opposed to the 1,500 or so who queued for a Wii, or the 3,000 who turned up for the World of Warcraft expansion pack The Burning Crusade, Sega's UK head of marketing Tina Hicks, said, "Actually, I think it's great to see so many people here.---

Har-de-harrharr

Couldn't resist. :)
Sat 24/03/07 at 13:31
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
360 has practically all the games the PS3 has, (FF might be going over, MGS probably will as well eventually leaving only GT and its blank disc, have to pay for the content ways) can't see why anyone would choose the PS3 over the 360 at the moment.
Sat 24/03/07 at 12:29
Regular
"8==="
Do you want one more than a 360 though? That is the question. :D
Sat 24/03/07 at 12:26
Regular
I do want a PS3 though... I just can't afford it, so unless I win the lottery or something I'll never lay my hands on one.
Sat 24/03/07 at 12:22
Regular
"8==="
They looked like slightly chunkier plastic ones.
Sat 24/03/07 at 12:10
Regular
Is it true the games come in cardboard gameboyesqe cases?
Sat 24/03/07 at 12:05
Regular
"8==="
I'm just waiting for a few decent games and a complete re-design of the console from the ground up.
Fri 23/03/07 at 17:08
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
At the moment, I'm not interested. No real games stand out and I can get some games on the 360 which are out on PS3. I also think it is way too expensive, especially in this country, where they started taking parts out and still expect us to pay more than anywhere else.

I can't afford it anyway, so I won't be getting one. Simple as that.
Fri 23/03/07 at 16:27
Regular
Kawada wrote:
(proper J-RPG ones not the
> annoying hack 'n' slash drivel)

aka Wait 'n' Hack

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.