GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS3 Launch Thread"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 23/03/07 at 13:18
"possibly impossible"
So, The PS3 is out (and still in the shops now).

Did you get one? Do you have an import? Or are you not interested because of the price/you're broke/can't be bothered?

Now all 3 Next-Gen consoles are finally out, we can actually settle back and see which one will come out top, but until then, anyone go to a launch or early opening?
Sun 25/03/07 at 09:08
Regular
"8==="
gr13ve wrote:
> Just thought I'd say, Army of Two isn't a ps exclusive
> Clicky

Aye, think it was previewed in a 360 mag back in November.
Sat 24/03/07 at 22:39
Regular
A few things amuse me about the Playstation 3:

Price
Exclusivity (or lack of)
6-Axis controller (I don't care whether it's a rip-off or not, it's not substitute for the Wii-remote)
6-Axis controller (Sony's admission that they were wrong to remove the rumble feature by announcing a rumble feature shortly in the future)
Blu Ray (Microsoft have announed that should Blu Ray be more successful than HD-DVD, they will release a Blu Ray drive for 360...)

I'm sure PS3 has its plus points, and it may eventually sell more than Xbox 360 and Wii (but not DS...) but I can quite safely say that unless it ends up with a number of must-have exclusives, and a substantial price drop, I wont be getting one.
Sat 24/03/07 at 22:38
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Bioshock looks...crap?
Given the pedigree and the scope and the looks?

fool.
Sat 24/03/07 at 21:00
Regular
Timesplitters is possibly the most dire bag of hapless sh*g worm I have ever seen and to say Bioshock looks anything like it is truly astounding.

I think even the most hardcore Sony fans who are trying to put a brave face on the PS3 will find it hard to find a reason to buy one. I liked the look of Virtua Fighter but then saw it's out on the 360 in a couple of months and aside from that I honestly can't find a reason to import one. Seriously it's really hard to see where the PS3 goes from here, going to be another 2-3 years before God of War hits and Metal Gear is looking ever likely to hit the 360 at some point, outside of those it's just multi platform stuff and a re-re-release of an Xbox game in the form of Nina Gaiden: Sigma, ummmm yeah...

It's not the price that puts me off, nore even the unbelievably bad launch games but the geniune lack of anything out in the future that isn't on the 360. It isn't even at a stage where you can start to look at which AAA titles to buy because there aren't any, disappointed big time as I expected more.
Sat 24/03/07 at 18:11
Regular
EDIT: Forget it, you guys love your crap on here.
Sat 24/03/07 at 18:04
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
:-D
Sat 24/03/07 at 18:02
Regular
Bioshock looks like a crap knock off of Timesplitters?

I'll just put that comment down to total retardation, and move along...
Sat 24/03/07 at 17:42
Regular
Meh still doesn't change my mind, 360 may be taking alot of PS3s games but they don't have any exclusives that really interest me.

The stupidest looking game is that one with those kids you have to kill and those weird gigantic fishermen, it looks like a crap knock off of Timesplitters. I forget the name.
Sat 24/03/07 at 17:23
Regular
"hulagadoo"
Just thought I'd say, Army of Two isn't a ps exclusive Clicky
Sat 24/03/07 at 15:43
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> Do you want one more than a 360 though? That is the question. :D

Yes, I prefer the look of PS3's exclusives ie Tekken, Killzone, Army of Two

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.