GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"9/11 game"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 25/07/03 at 14:51
Regular
someones making a 9/11 game, which is pretty sick, but check out
www.spong.com for news
Thu 31/07/03 at 01:27
Regular
http://homepage.mac.com/heuerdesign /kindergeschichten/english/ faqenglish.htm

Read the "DID CHILDREN REALLY HAVE TO FIGHT IN WW2?" extract about one quater down the page.
Thu 31/07/03 at 01:30
Regular
I can't be bothered to read that at 1:26 in the morning :D

I can only recall what I've been taught in History, but those people under 18 who couldn't join the Army (or couldn't viably lie about their age) had the oppurtunity to join the Home Guard.

Anyone under 16 was legally not permitted to participate in anything.
Thu 31/07/03 at 01:32
Regular
That goes onto talk about how the Germans were the first to send 15 and 16 year old boys to war. That was the original point I was making about them being forced to go to war.
Thu 31/07/03 at 01:38
Regular
Oh Christ, I thought you were talking about Britain mate. That would explain the confusion. Sorry about that.
Thu 31/07/03 at 01:38
Regular
On the original topic..

I really can't believe how some people are. Making a game modification based on a tragic terrorist event that occured only two years ago, that's designed to entertain and make money it's just sickening to me. Have they fogotten the thousands of people killed and severly injured? Those left emotionally scarred by the event? The upset families of those killed?

Evidently so, as plans for the game seem to include 'people throwing themselves out of windows' and other such horrifying events from September 11th all pixelated into one entertainment package. How incredibly tactless, and thoughtless.
Thu 31/07/03 at 01:57
Regular
"8==="
Maverick42 wrote:
> Oh Christ, I thought you were talking about Britain mate. That would
> explain the confusion. Sorry about that.

Yes I though he was talking about britain. i was going to mention thhat the germans introduced the kids...

I didn'tthink it was made clear enough

"Allied forces were forced into the wars to stop Germany from making the world a one man race. The majority of German citizens and British/Ameican/Australlian troops didn't want a war. When the 16 year age group was called do you honestly think they deserved to be shot dead? They were cannon fodder from the word go."

The bit about 16 yr olds is right after the list of allied nationalities so it was confusing.
Fri 01/08/03 at 21:40
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> That goes onto talk about how the Germans were the first to send 15
> and 16 year old boys to war. That was the original point I was making
> about them being forced to go to war.

If the best you could do previously was attempt an insult - "you stupid mong" then that undermines your argument to begin with.

You backtracked anyway, mong, earlier you say "I was talking about the Allied troops who were called at the ages of 15 and 16 to fight a war they didn't have full information on", then you link to German youths been used after that and say "That goes onto talk about how the Germans were the first to send 15 and 16 year old boys to war. That was the original point I was making about them being forced to go to war."

It blatantly was not your original point.

As Mav has pointed out, allied forces did not force or conscript anyone under 16 and the only way to be admitted at that age was to lie. Germany did likewise in the first world war, and only differed during the Second World War when members of the Hitler Youth, brainwashed since the organisations inception. were called and willingly fought in defence of the Reich, killing many allied forces in a futile defencive measure that merely put off the inevitable.

Abroad, and back to the present day, many rebel forces use child soldiers in Africa, and former russian states like Chechenya etc. In most cases they are forced or taken and indoctrinated from a young age. In the Middle East child terrorists and fighters are also in existence, again fighting for their beliefs or those of others. Earlier this year a 14 year old suicide bomber took out a school bus in Israel. As suicide bombers young fighters can be effective, especially so in the West where our own general morality and beliefs make their early discovery unlikely, as normal fighters they are ineffective against anything but an enemy equivalent. In Somalia 1993 2 Delta snipers held off a massive number of young fighters mixed with older fighters and were only overwhelmed by sheer numbers and lack of ammo.

The obvious fact is that some foreign nations/rebel factions believe in the use of child fighters whilst we do not, and we assume we are right and they are wrong. That assumption does nothing other than reinforce to them that we really do want to make them live like us.

Back on topic though.

Did anyone raise concerns about Delta Force Task Force Dagger ? Numerous mods ? Whacking various nations terrorists in various games ? Conflict Desert Storm ?

Nope, so hang on, if I get this right, we can make games where we take out foreign terrorists and based on real events, but we can't make a game set in the West ? Sounds a bit like hypocrisy to me....
Sat 02/08/03 at 00:37
Regular
I love the way you *think* you know everything. My original point was that 15 and 16yr olds were being sent to war for their country despite the fact they didn't know the politics behind it. The majority of german citizens didn't know what the hell was going on and they were fighting a war that they knew very little about.
Sat 02/08/03 at 01:02
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Look at the controversy that mere wordspeak about the thing has caused, with many of you you quarraling already.

What's it going to be like on larger terms when it's released?
Sat 02/08/03 at 08:51
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> I love the way you *think* you know everything. My original point was
> that 15 and 16yr olds were being sent to war for their country despite
> the fact they didn't know the politics behind it. The majority of
> german citizens didn't know what the hell was going on and they were
> fighting a war that they knew very little about.

Yesy, yes, don't change the subject, you were wrong on your initial post and then you changed and backtracked, me and others have already told you that the onl 15/16 year olds in the war were there because they lied or happened to be in the hitler youth - as these 'kids' would have, prior to the invasion of Germany - been involved in the brutal repression of various enemies of Germany, in one recorded instance a member of Hitler Youth slith the throats of 5 jewish prisoners - I'd say they damn well deserved what came to them. Even in our society the genral age of criminal responsibility is such that 15/16 year olds are considered to know the difference between right and wrong, You commit wrong then be prepared - commit wrong in war time and be unfortunate enough to lose and....

And let's not try the old "the german citizens didn't know what was going on" routine. Nearly every jew in Germany was gone, whole areas hab been removed and given to Germans, ghettoes had been built, allied bombing attacks, constant demonisation and propoganda against the allied and Russians, Hitler's many addresses - not to mention his mass supporters - the change from manufacturing goods to armnaments and vehicles/planes, the Nazi flags all over Germany, not to mention the proclamations that soon the whole world would be part of the Reich and that it would live for a 1000 years. Not ot mention the vast slave labour camps in germany that many businesses made use of, the brothels full of foreign women, foreign infants given to German families, and so on. Yet, when the table tuerned and Hitler's invasion of Russia backfired, at the same time as the US entered into the war, things were not so rosy. When the 'Mighty 8th' is raining hell down on you by day, and the RAF by night, all of a sudden Germans claimed innocence. A minority were innocent and helped the allies, but a majority enjoyed the fruits of victory and paid for that.

So don't come with the old b*llsh1t Alastair.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.