GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"9/11 game"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 25/07/03 at 14:51
Regular
someones making a 9/11 game, which is pretty sick, but check out
www.spong.com for news
Wed 30/07/03 at 00:31
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> As for the 9/11 game, it as inevitable that it was going to be
> released at some point. I am more angry that it is so soon after the
> event.

Well it has been almost 2 years now. I don't really see a problem with it, however i feel that the content of the game should be kept as tasteful as possible I.E not having a diving competiton involving twists and somersaults.
Wed 30/07/03 at 00:44
Regular
I don't think 2 years is long enough. I still have the images of people throwing themselves out of windows in sheer desperation. Its something that I don't think I will ever forget and its definitley something that I wouldn't want to play through. Can you honestly say you would purchase it?
Wed 30/07/03 at 00:47
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> I don't think 2 years is long enough. I still have the images of
> people throwing themselves out of windows in sheer desperation. Its
> something that I don't think I will ever forget and its definitley
> something that I wouldn't want to play through. Can you honestly say
> you would purchase it?

Well its a mod, im assuming it will be free. If i had broadband to download it with i would probably try it out.
Wed 30/07/03 at 00:55
Regular
I do have Broadband but I won't be getting it. Call me a boring barstuard and all but I really am against something so close after the event. The whole purpose of a game is to enjoy it. Knowing the suffering and heart ache that the families went though/still go through today would just be a complete turn off.
Wed 30/07/03 at 00:59
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> They presumably didn't want to fight

Yes they did.

At the start, anyway.
Wed 30/07/03 at 01:26
Regular
The 15 and 16 year olds were forced to fight. It would be idiotic to think that they wanted to run out blindly from a trench only to be gunned down within seconds.
Wed 30/07/03 at 19:06
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> The 15 and 16 year olds were forced to fight. It would be idiotic to
> think that they wanted to run out blindly from a trench only to be
> gunned down within seconds.

Bull. Far as I'm concerned iof it points a gun in the direction of our troops it's a target. It's like this 14 year old taken out when they got Saddam's son's, he was the last one firing at the Americans yet there's whining liberals moaning a 14 year old was killed. You have a gun, you are a target.
Wed 30/07/03 at 23:28
Regular
You stupid mong!

Allied forces were forced into the wars to stop Germany from making the world a one man race. The majority of German citizens and British/Ameican/Australlian troops didn't want a war. When the 16 year age group was called do you honestly think they deserved to be shot dead? They were cannon fodder from the word go.

The fanatics you read about have been brought up in that atmosphere and they don't know any better. That doesn't make killing him any easier ut it had to be done. I am not talking about fanatical imbaseals who want to follow in their fathers foot steps. I was talking about the Allied troops who were called at the ages of 15 and 16 to fight a war they didn't have full information on. Propaganda posters about fighting for your country were all they went on as they weren't aware of theroies like "Just war" and the like.

If a fanatical 14yr old started offloading rounds with the intent to kill then I am all for lethal action. However during the 1st and 2nd world war they British troops didn't have a say in the matter and the majority of them left home to be placed as human shileds. Wonder how you would like being called up to war having to leave everything behind knowing you were going to die. Back then they didn't have a choice in the matter and they were forced to go to battle. If you think that should be the case then you are either very cold hearted or you have watched too much TV.
Thu 31/07/03 at 01:20
Regular
Those 15 and 16 year olds lied about their age to get into the army - they did it because they wanted to and did, therefore, have a choice in the matter.

You are correct about the propaganda, though. The British nation was made to believe by the Government that it is commendable to fight for your country - and honourable to die for it. While very true, this message was enforced to such an extent that people joined the army in droves.

Nevertheless, no-one was 'forced'. There was, most certainly, a choice.
Thu 31/07/03 at 01:25
Regular
Those who didn't fight were branded cowards and sent to jail. All the preasures surrounding them from friends, Propaganda posters and the like all paid its toll. They went in fighting blind as they didn't even imagine to think what war would be like.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.