GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"9/11 game"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 25/07/03 at 14:51
Regular
someones making a 9/11 game, which is pretty sick, but check out
www.spong.com for news
Sat 26/07/03 at 09:15
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> I'm sure HL2 will feature some buildings...

You know what I mean (I hope).

Why play such an appaling (graphically) game that is little more than running around trying to escape, when there are real gaming gems heading our way this holiday season eh ? There's no reason.
Sat 26/07/03 at 14:47
Regular
"Ghost Mutt"
Bin-Laden in a blender.
Sat 26/07/03 at 18:13
Regular
Bin-Laden in my ass.
Mon 28/07/03 at 18:28
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Untitled wrote:
> someones making a 9/11 game, which is pretty sick, but check out
> www.spong.com for news

Why is it sick?

Dude, get over it. Why not make some money out of it, that way, it wasn't a complete disaster.
Mon 28/07/03 at 18:36
Regular
"8==="
J-42 wrote:
>
> Dude, get over it. Why not make some money out of it, that way, it
> wasn't a complete disaster.

Ha ha! "Wasn't a complete disaster"! Classic. :D
Mon 28/07/03 at 22:17
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
*Bows*

I reckon that it'll be quite fun, but i doubt anyone will buy it, cause most people are so pathetic - They can't seem to come to terms with the fact that something bad has happened. Anything that is even remotely connected with 9/11 is a crime to some people.
LOTR: Two Towers, for example. There was a petition about it on the net - It said that they should change the title, it was printed in PSW a while ago.
Does anyone else feel the same? Or am i an inconsiderate ret@ard?
Tue 29/07/03 at 01:06
Regular
"8==="
Better rename "War and Peace" too. ;D

and get rid of those pesky war causing books, what are they called again?

Oh yeah the Bible and the Quaran. :D
Tue 29/07/03 at 13:11
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
If they can make "Conflict Desert Storm" and "Medal of Honour" they can sure as hell make a 9/11 game.

I don't see the what difference it would make. Granted, there'd be an uproar over it but that's the Daily Mail for you.
Tue 29/07/03 at 19:52
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Well presonnally I wouldn't buy a game based on 9/11, it just doesn't feel 'right' to me.

Medal of Honour and Conflict Desert Storm are based on Wars, where people were pretty much forced to fight, and many were in the army anyway, and were expected to fight like that, so in a sense, a game based on that isn't 'as' bad. I'm not saying it's exactly tasteful either but I don't feel guilty or ignorant playing these games.

But 9/11 was a terrorist attack, it involved loads of innocent people who didn't have a choice in the matter, and to think that some greaady developers are trying to cash in on it is pretty bad. So a game based on it would be distasteful in my opinion.

I don't think it would see the light of day anyway.
Wed 30/07/03 at 00:16
Regular
Innocent 15 and 16 year olds were sent to fight in the first and second world war. They presumably didn't want to fight so it doesn't make it any more justified by saying they were forced to go to war.

As for the 9/11 game, it as inevitable that it was going to be released at some point. I am more angry that it is so soon after the event. These people just can't resist the chance to make a quick buck or the make a headline.

Very sad indeed.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.