GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Project Gothem Racing 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Project Gotham Racing 2'.
Fri 25/07/03 at 20:39
Regular
Been reading up on this and I'm really happy about the old time difference part of things being brought back. :-)

Plus I'm guessing plenty of you know about the weather conditions being updated when playing online. Combined with all the new tracks, cars and of course the improvements to the graphics, this is gonna be a damn good game.

I dunno about the rest of you, but a lack of Gran Turismo on XBox doesn't really bother me all that much. ;-)
Sun 27/07/03 at 15:24
Regular
No he isn't bothered. Project Gotham Racing 2 will Spank GT4 with a gigantic stick.
Sun 27/07/03 at 19:37
Regular
You don't know that.
Sun 27/07/03 at 19:39
Regular
If GT4 is anything like GT3 I do. As of yet I haven't read anything to suggest they are changing the forumla of the game. The MSR/PGR series is much more fun to play and yet it is still a very lengthy game to finish complteley.
Sun 27/07/03 at 19:43
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> No he isn't bothered. Project Gotham Racing 2 will Spank GT4 with a
> gigantic stick.

PS2 owners will undoubtedly say that GT4 is better, X-Box owners will say that PGR2 is better. People who own both consoles should just be happy with 2 good games. But as neither is released yet, we can't really judge anything yet.

:)
Sun 27/07/03 at 19:49
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> If GT4 is anything like GT3 I do. As of yet I haven't read anything to
> suggest they are changing the forumla of the game. The MSR/PGR series
> is much more fun to play and yet it is still a very lengthy game to
> finish complteley.

Gran Turismo 4 was first showcased at E3, no wonder you've not read anything yet. You can't make judgements on unfinished games you know very little about; it's just not fair.

Plus, the predecessors to Gran Turismo 3 (1 & 2 on PSOne) actually had very good gameplay, aswell as an immersive structure. They certainly gave MSR a run for it's money, I see no reason why we may not see a similar close rivalry when PGR2 and GT4 are released.
Sun 27/07/03 at 19:52
Regular
You make unfair judgements on games you haven't played though don't you?

The fact is I don't like the formula of GT games anymore. I won't pick up GT4 for my PS2 because there is no way I want to sit through yet ANOTHER GT title. I am all for the formula of Project Gotham games and I know I will enjoy Project Gotham 2 a lot more than GT4. Some of the new additions to PGR2 are breath taking to say the least.
Sun 27/07/03 at 23:56
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> You make unfair judgements on games you haven't played though don't
> you?

What, Brute Force? I judged that on a review from a magazine I trusted. After everyone got on my back about it, I rented it. This only strengthed the arguments.

I count one, and I was right anyway. So ha. But that's straying from the point. Fact is, very little is known about GT4, and no-one's actually played PGR2. We just can't possibly say that much.
Mon 28/07/03 at 11:54
Regular
One game? Oh please its more than that.

Like I said about GT4, they aren't gonig to change the formula and long gone are the days where I would sit kicking ass in the Endurance races. I mean there wasn't even any competition in any of them once I unlocked the F1 Car. The only one that was a tad more difficult was the Mazda only Endurance where any modifications to your car would result in them not letting you in. Boredom at its highest level.

The biggest number of laps in PGR is 15! Its a one off race on a really decent course with some top competition. Aside from that the races are always around the 2-5 lap mark which is exactly what I want.
Mon 28/07/03 at 12:12
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> One game? Oh please its more than that.

If you're saying using reviews to judge games is unfair, then I've always done that, so it's loads of games. But so does everyone else, and at the end of the day, isn't that what they're for?

> Like I said about GT4, they aren't gonig to change the formula and
> long gone are the days where I would sit kicking ass in the Endurance
> races.

GT Concept was very poorly received, so I expect there will be some chance that the formula is changed. It's like I said; we just don't know.
Mon 28/07/03 at 23:53
Regular
Reviews act as a guide line and its written from one persons point of view. Just because they do it for a living doesn't mean that their reviews are going to be what you are looking for.

When I see a bad review I rent the game before commenting on whether or not its any good. I prefer to rent poorer scored games because I like to see how far or how close to the mark they were with a particular review. If that same reviewer persist on marking off the mark I don't read his articles any longer.

Thats one of the many reasons why I got sick of buying magazines. The Officialy ones are designed to talk BS which is acceptable. However the trend seem to stretch out onto other magazines who were starting to do the same thing.

These days I make my own opinion before commenting. I have seen you post many a time about a game you haven't played saying that its not very good. However when challenged it seems to be the magazine which has made your opinion for you.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.