GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Project Gothem Racing 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Project Gotham Racing 2'.
Fri 25/07/03 at 20:39
Regular
Been reading up on this and I'm really happy about the old time difference part of things being brought back. :-)

Plus I'm guessing plenty of you know about the weather conditions being updated when playing online. Combined with all the new tracks, cars and of course the improvements to the graphics, this is gonna be a damn good game.

I dunno about the rest of you, but a lack of Gran Turismo on XBox doesn't really bother me all that much. ;-)
Sat 26/07/03 at 11:32
Regular
Being a MAJOR motor fan myself - I still found GT3 a bit boring.

When I get my car i'll be modding it like fcuk - But till then simulated car tweaking is not for me.
Sat 26/07/03 at 13:39
Regular
I stuck with GT3 until I had 100% completion. Never again will I step foot near a GT game. I still can't believe I actually sat through until I had won every tournament and got every license.
Sat 26/07/03 at 15:03
Regular
Well then. Ali was hooked until he completed it 100%. If it were not for the RPG elements, he may not have done so.
Sat 26/07/03 at 15:07
Regular
"gsybe you!"
GT series is as dull as hell.

Burnout 2 rules it anyday, simply because its fun. My friend thinks its Fast & The Furious in game form, meaning it 'ROCKS DUDE!' :D

Depends on how botherd you are.
Sat 26/07/03 at 15:15
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:
> Well then. Ali was hooked until he completed it 100%. If it were not
> for the RPG elements, he may not have done so.

RPG elements my ass.

Are you trying to tell me that Tony Hawks has RPG elements as well?

I suppose CDS, WWF No Mercy and every other game under the sun that has some kind of equipment and character upgrading system has RPG elements too?

Just because you can fiddle with your car doesn't mean that game has RPG elements. You're hardly playing the role of the car.
Sat 26/07/03 at 15:30
Regular
Fast and the Furious as a film is utter ballax. Terrible acting, very poor directing and the speical effects look as though they have been piled together in a matter of seconds.

I can see where Mav is coming from with the RPG side though. You win races and with the money you get you build up your car.

In Deus EX you do certain things to get points which you then use to build up your character.

It does contain RPG in that way as its the only title with credability that has utilised an upgrade feature in a good way.
Sat 26/07/03 at 23:09
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Maverick42 wrote:
> Well then. Ali was hooked until he completed it 100%. If it were not
> for the RPG elements, he may not have done so.
>
> RPG elements my ass.
>
> Just because you can fiddle with your car doesn't mean that game has
> RPG elements. You're hardly playing the role of the car.

Winning races earns you money (experience points). With this money, you can buy hundreds of car upgrades, and tweak it to your perfection - improving stats such as Brake Horse Power (levelling up). Winning tournaments or getting enough money means brand spanking new cars (squad recruitment).

There's also that satisfying feeling as you build the perfect car, and manage to win that important race. There's no storyline as such, but as you progress you get better and better with a lot more power in your hands. Try and tell me this level of depth doesn't have RPG elements.

You can't. Simple as that. Of course you're not playing the role of a car, but then again, that's not today's definition of an RPG, is it? Just because you play the role of Mario, does that make Sunshine and RPG? I think not.
Sun 27/07/03 at 00:13
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
The gameplay is balls in GT3. The races are dull, even though it looks pretty.

And Tilta you wuss the cone challanges in PGR are the best ones! I rule at them- in fact all of em, I do have all golds. Did I mention that before?
Sun 27/07/03 at 11:36
Regular
I agree with you there, Mantis.

While I've heard that if you stick it out, the gameplay in GT3 gets really good, I just don't have that kind of patience. I enjoyed the RPG side of it and nothing else.
Sun 27/07/03 at 15:00
Regular
Savatt78, if you are not bothered about the lack of a "Gran Turismo" on the XBox, why are you trying to justify this fact to yourself? Clearly you ARE bothered about it, and are placing your hope in PGR2.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.