GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What a line-up.....!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 26/07/03 at 16:55
Regular
I've just been looking through the new XBM mag, issue 22, and the line-up of new X-Box games for this year and the beginning of next looks fantastic.

Project Gotham 2
Half-life 2
Freedom Fighters
Colin McRae 4
Conker: Live and Uncut
Driver 3
True Crime
Armed and Dangerous
Star Wars: KOTOR
Soul Calibur 2
Broken Sword
Mafia
Worms 3D
Dead or Alive 4 and DOA online
MOH: Rising Sun
Doom 3
Halo 2
Fable
Shenmue 3
Full Spectrum Warrior
Splinter Cell 2
Tony Hawks Underground

Everyone of those games look to be winners and extremely enjoyable games, and if the rumours are true we could also see a port of Vice City on the way to X-Box, and in this particular mag, they say that GTA3 will be included with Vice City. So to me the future of the X-Box looks very bright indeed and I'm really glad I got it now.
Tue 29/07/03 at 21:45
Regular
I hated my 64 apart from Golden Eye, Mission Impossible and Diddy Kong Racing. Not being a fan of multi player games had its draw backs with Nintendo at the time. Thankfully the GameCube isn't the same and there are a lot more single player games bashing around than on the 64.
Tue 29/07/03 at 21:44
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
The driver series is great. Period.
Tue 29/07/03 at 21:43
Regular
"8==="
Oh I played it alright and for a fair bit: "it's got to get good SOMETIME". But I had my N64 so... The drivers really weren't much cop.
Tue 29/07/03 at 21:42
Regular
The first one was by far the better of the two. The second one ran into slow down on a frequent basis and the on foot sections were a waste of time.

Oh and they are by no means dull in anyway.
Tue 29/07/03 at 21:36
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
I have to disagree.I admit that the first one was crap. The second was a lot better. It was definitely not repetitive, the missions ranged from tailing someone, to tailing someone else! (jke) ...to driving in fromt of a train!
Maybe you haven't played it enough, because me, and everyone else i know who has it can honestly say that it was a great game.
Tue 29/07/03 at 21:19
Regular
"8==="
No it's not that bad. It's just very repetitive, the level design is pathetic and I'd rather play the old top-down GTA games.

Actually it IS that bad. :D

I'm looking forward to the next one as the technology is at the level that they can do what they originally wanted to do.

The Multiplayer should be sweet to.

The first two were a good idea but I thought they were poorly executed and really quite dull to play.
Tue 29/07/03 at 21:14
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Tue 29/07/03 at 21:11
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> J-42 wrote:
> Tony Hawk's of snowboarding? What do you mean?
>
> There aren't any races in Amped. Its purely a trick game and the level
> design makes up for this. Every area of each level can be used in some
> way or another for tricks.

Oh. I see. I suppose that that is better, then.(Than races)
Tue 29/07/03 at 21:10
Regular
"8==="
Tue 29/07/03 at 21:08
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.