GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What a line-up.....!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 26/07/03 at 16:55
Regular
I've just been looking through the new XBM mag, issue 22, and the line-up of new X-Box games for this year and the beginning of next looks fantastic.

Project Gotham 2
Half-life 2
Freedom Fighters
Colin McRae 4
Conker: Live and Uncut
Driver 3
True Crime
Armed and Dangerous
Star Wars: KOTOR
Soul Calibur 2
Broken Sword
Mafia
Worms 3D
Dead or Alive 4 and DOA online
MOH: Rising Sun
Doom 3
Halo 2
Fable
Shenmue 3
Full Spectrum Warrior
Splinter Cell 2
Tony Hawks Underground

Everyone of those games look to be winners and extremely enjoyable games, and if the rumours are true we could also see a port of Vice City on the way to X-Box, and in this particular mag, they say that GTA3 will be included with Vice City. So to me the future of the X-Box looks very bright indeed and I'm really glad I got it now.
Sat 26/07/03 at 19:19
Regular
"QPR 1974"
Practical Magic wrote:

> Shenmue 3 - because a game with more cinematics and speech than MGS2
> is not the way forward - Shenmue 2 hardly set the sales charts on fire
> did it ?

Did it ever occur to you, that :-

1) Shenmue is a huge RPG lasting hours, and comparing the (often playable) cutscenes of Shenmue to those of a stealth-based shoot 'em up is a poor comparison at best.

2) Sales of a game do not reflect the quality of the title.

3) Being a hypocrite, your name sucks.
Sat 26/07/03 at 19:10
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Dwarf_Pr0n wrote:
> Project Gotham 2
> Conker: Live and Uncut
> Driver 3
> True Crime
> Doom 3
> Shenmue 3
> Tony Hawks Underground

The above, will, in my opinion, be little more than average.

Why ?

Project Gotham 2 - only so much you can do with the licence and apart from flashier graphics and Xbox Live - which by the way I'm sick of reading OXM's opinion that Live ability makesa crap game good - there is little room for improvement.

Conker - it's the N64 version rehashed. Rare seems - from what they have released - to have lost their flare.

Driver 3 - too late and too long in development

True Crime - tries to emulate GTA but you can't beat the original franchise.

Doom 3 - too long in development and Half Life 2 / Halo 2 will overshadow it anyway.

Shenmue 3 - because a game with more cinematics and speech than MGS2 is not the way forward - Shenmue 2 hardly set the sales charts on fire did it ?

Tony Hawk's - unless there is serious innovation then....average.
Sat 26/07/03 at 18:29
Regular
"The Dwarf's coming"
Soul Calibur 2 is EXELLENT.
Playing it through at work and will be buying it when it's out.
Sat 26/07/03 at 18:23
Regular
How the hell could you miss out Deus EX 2 or Operation Flashpoint XB? Personally I am looking forward to those 2 as much as I am any Xbox title. I am also keeping a close eye on Amped 2 as I enjoyed the first one a lot.
Sat 26/07/03 at 17:55
Regular
"The Dwarf's coming"
Games which I think will get around 9/10

Project Gotham 2
Half-life 2
Colin McRae 4
Driver 3
True Crime
Soul Calibur 2
Doom 3
Halo 2
Fable
Shenmue 3
Splinter Cell 2
Tony Hawks Underground

The others will get 7 and up.
I doubt any will be classed as "Average"
Sat 26/07/03 at 17:53
Regular
*mouth foams*
Sat 26/07/03 at 17:44
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
It's a good line up, but the proof is in the gameplay, not the graphics, I reckon about half of those will rate higher than average.
Sat 26/07/03 at 16:55
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I've just been looking through the new XBM mag, issue 22, and the line-up of new X-Box games for this year and the beginning of next looks fantastic.

Project Gotham 2
Half-life 2
Freedom Fighters
Colin McRae 4
Driver 3
True Crime
Armed and Dangerous
Soul Calibur 2
Broken Sword
Mafia
Worms 3D
MOH: Rising Sun
Doom 3
Halo 2
Fable
Shenmue 3
Full Spectrum Warrior
Splinter Cell 2
Tony Hawks Underground

Everyone of those games look to be winners and extremely enjoyable games, and if the rumours are true we could also see a port of Vice City on the way to X-Box, and in this particular mag, they say that GTA3 will be included with Vice City. So to me the future of the X-Box looks very bright indeed and I'm really glad I got it now.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.