GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Snooker Thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 15/03/07 at 14:21
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Just a thread to discuss snooker if anyone else is a fan like me.
Mon 23/04/07 at 15:31
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Well, Ronnie didn't waste much time finishing off Ding. 8-1 down is always a mountain to climb.

O'Brien nicked the decider earlier on which was a bit of a surprise to me, I must admit. I thought Hawkins would win it probably 10-7 before the match began.
Mon 23/04/07 at 14:11
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I enjoyed yesterday the first 3 frames were a drag but the finish was excellent with Davis coming back from 9-6 down to level at 9-9 and then Parrott taking the final frame.

Ronnie looks a certainty to go through I was watching Ding in his seat as we were near the baulk colours (I was behind the bloke with the "S" on his t-shirt in the "Davis!" line up of people) and he just didn't seem to want to be there sitting with his head in his hands looking completely miserable.

Just watching the final frame decider between Hawkins and O'Brien (I can get BBC over the internet at work YAY!) I think Hawkins will take it after the roll he's on at the minute.

Trump made a good showing trailing only 5-4 against Murphy a possible shock on the cards but I think Murphys experience will take him through.
Sun 22/04/07 at 22:09
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
From what I remember, Ronnie was winning quite convincingly against Ding and the crowd were a bit vociferous and it looked like Ding was going to do a Ronnie and quit before the match was over but Ronnie put his arm on his shoulder and led him out.

They came back and Ronnie won it comfortably.

Anyway, it's been a decent year. A few players emerging and some of the old guard falling away. Jimmy White was potentially going to have such a bad ranking that he would have been off the tour.

Ebdon through again in the World Championships, Parrott sneaking past Davis, which might put Davis' place in the top 16 in doubt. I'm not sure though. Stevens through and he does need a few wins to get back in the top 16.
Sun 22/04/07 at 17:17
Regular
I can't believe it, I've missed the whole season, I see a season recap yesterday, and it looks like this year was amazing.

Ding Jun-Hui beats O'Sullivan in one final.
O'Sullivan makes Ding cry in another (WTH was that about?)
Neil Roberts - who's been around for years doing nothing has won 2.
Peter Ebdon goes on winning events. I have no idea how I feel about Ebdon, he's a bit of a dichotomy, so it feels odd to see him winning stuff.

And now Ronnie and Ding are at it again.

If only it wasn't so freaking dull I'd be loving it.
(I only half mean that.)
Sat 21/04/07 at 23:12
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
And that's the champ gone already! I'm a little surprised but McCulloch has reached the semi final before.
Fri 20/04/07 at 19:43
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Yeah the interactive is a great thing i'd love to be able to have 2 weeks off work and just sit and watch it all day long!

I did think about having a week off and getting a week long ticket and going and seeing it every day but after a couple of sessions the costant concentration starts to give me a headache!
Fri 20/04/07 at 17:06
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
It really could be anyones title. The odds are against Dott as no first time winner has ever gone on to defend the World Championship.

I'm just looking forward to some top snooker. Interactive snooker is great as I don't have to watch what BBC show. I may even get up for 10am when they play those sessions. :)
Fri 20/04/07 at 14:05
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Grandprix wrote:

> Did you want to edit the main thread with the World Championship
> draw Smedlos, seeing as if I did it, it'll change the title?

Done!

Going to see Davis vs Parrott on Sunday can't wait to see the 2 legends battle it out!

O'Sullivan vs Ding is undoubtedly the tie of the round and there may be a few upsets on the cards with a few new faces like Judd Trump making their first appearance.

If McCulloch is on form he could prove a challenge for Dott although if he plays like he did in the China open he'll go far again this year.

I can see their being a new name on the trophy again this year, if Ding gets past Ronnie that will give him a huge boost of confidence and Robertson has the potential to win the title in the next few years.

Looking forward to it, just hope we don't get a tedious final like we did last year :D
Wed 18/04/07 at 15:55
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
The World Championship starts Saturday. Can't wait. It's going to be great.

Did you want to edit the main thread with the World Championship draw Smedlos, seeing as if I did it, it'll change the title?
Wed 04/04/07 at 10:55
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Neil Robertson has had the best year so far and is top of this seasons ranking points so if he has another good season next year he could very well be NO1 soon.

I'm glad to see so many new names in the top 16 it can only be good for snooker with all the up and coming stars performing well.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.