GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"whats with the grand theft auto series on xbox?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto 3'.
Tue 26/08/03 at 17:25
Regular
Can Microsoft not think up any ideas of a new crime gang game.Why do Microsoft have to copy PS2?
Sun 31/08/03 at 00:51
Regular
"8==="
*analogue
Sun 31/08/03 at 00:52
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> I had a playstation for a year. It was appalling.

You didn't like it but ir wasn't appauling.

When will people stop saying something is utter ballax just because they don't like it? Its a problem on here because as soon as someone takes a dislike to something it suddenly becomes the worst creation in the world.

There is a MASSIVE difference between being pants and not liking it.
Sun 31/08/03 at 01:12
Regular
"8==="
Well the games were cheap sensationalist crap. Far more style than content, Driver was dull and grey, the smackdowns were goddamned awful, Die Hard trilogy was barely passable.

The loading times were annoying.

Hell I hated console before the N64, before we got decent 3D games. The PS seems to me to be an amalgamation of all the crappy consoles that came before it.

Sonys attitude to it's PS users is really crap in my opinion. I hated having bought a PS1 I felt like a right mug.

It feels like a 'lowest bidder' machine and has created a trend for releasing effluent with a shiny licenceced label on the front.

Worst console ever? As far as it's approach to games, marketing and control: Yes indeedy.

I tried very hard to find something good about my Playstation normally I can find good points in most things I buy. But it's whole approach just makes me sick.

Make games for the gamers and leave the marketing at home.
Sun 31/08/03 at 01:14
Regular
"8==="
Of course I never got round to buying anything out of the platinum range of games really because by that time I had attempted to find some joy in the whole control interface without any luck.
Sun 31/08/03 at 01:14
Regular
The Smackdown's weren't awful at all. You didn't like them and I am sure a million + other people do like them. Didn't you read what I had put before? Just because you didn't liek the console doesn't make it ballax.
Sun 31/08/03 at 01:15
Regular
You didn't like it and thats fair enough. Doesn't mean its crap, far from it.
Sun 31/08/03 at 01:16
Regular
"8==="
But that's the thing. I did try to like it I mean I REALLY tried. But despite really grasping at straws it really is the worst console I have ever had the misfortune to have purchased.
Sun 31/08/03 at 01:18
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Hedfix wrote:
> Well the games were cheap sensationalist crap. Far more style than
> content, Driver was dull and grey, the smackdowns were goddamned
> awful, Die Hard trilogy was barely passable.

some of the xbox games are bloody awful. halo is great but the majority are absolute tripe

> The loading times were annoying.
>
> Hell I hated console before the N64, before we got decent 3D games.
> The PS seems to me to be an amalgamation of all the crappy consoles
> that came before it.

i thought the ps1 was the best console of its time. and microsoft didnt even have a console out then

> Worst console ever? As far as it's approach to games, marketing and
> control: Yes indeedy.

microsoft do the same
>
> I tried very hard to find something good about my Playstation
> normally I can find good points in most things I buy. But it's whole
> approach just makes me sick.
>
> Make games for the gamers and leave the marketing at home.

thats just wrong hedfix, the ps2 is great. the xbox is the awful one. i mean those xbox controllers are so horrible to use. every game has a fake adult appeal and its just so sad.
Sun 31/08/03 at 01:18
Regular
I am not disputing that. I tried to like the N64 but didn't. That doesn't mean it was a crap console, it means I didn't like it. The difference between the two statements is huge.
Sun 31/08/03 at 01:22
Regular
Clazon sod off you silly muppet. The only game you will have played is Halo. Sadly you are rapped up so tightly in the boob of Sony that you automtically dismiss everything else. I used to be like that when I was younger and I cringe at how bad I was sometimes. When you grow a set of balls you will hopefully change from being a single minded self centered life form.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.