GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"whats with the grand theft auto series on xbox?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto 3'.
Tue 26/08/03 at 17:25
Regular
Can Microsoft not think up any ideas of a new crime gang game.Why do Microsoft have to copy PS2?
Fri 29/08/03 at 01:14
Regular
the N64 in my view had the best controller.

you could play goldeneye, or perfect dark with one hand should you need to enjoy some snacks mid-game. the balance was set up precisely for that purpose I reckon. no other joypad has that versatility.

also, it looked like a space ship out of the star wars universe.

I like the xbox one, although on the standard one I find the black and white buttons are just a little too far away from my thumb when playing my games.

might get a small one then eh?
Fri 29/08/03 at 01:15
Regular
of course, the N64 one lacked the second analogue stick, so it wasn't all peaches and cream
Fri 29/08/03 at 01:17
Regular
For me the GameCube controller is the most comfortable and then the PS2 and Xbox one are cloesly tied. For overall control the PS2 pad probably pips the Xbox controller however for FPS games the Xbox controller runs out as my favourite. Overall however the GameCube controller is definitley the pick of the bunch for me.
Fri 29/08/03 at 01:22
Regular
"8==="
I'd say my favourite is the N64 pad as it seemed to fit everything. Then it's a tie between the Xbox controller and the Cube controller. Then as I have said before it's every other controller ever invented (minus 1 ), including the rollerball, and then finally the doorstop people call a playstation controller.
Fri 29/08/03 at 01:26
Regular
The Dreamcast one causes me problems and I get severe cramp when playing Virtua Tennis 2. The position of the buttons and the boney style structure just irritates my hands. Very poorly designed and thankfully the Xbox controller was more rounded and overall quite a comofy controller.
Fri 29/08/03 at 01:48
Regular
"8==="
Yeah the Xbox controller seems to be a blend of the N64 and dreamcast controllers. The only problem I have with it is the D-pad, I always have problems with D-pad's on controllers though.

I really found using the D-pad troublesome with RAW as that game uses the D-pad as the main movement control. Luckily the S-pad has a much better D-pad.
Fri 29/08/03 at 01:48
Regular
"8==="
*S-controller not S-pad

D'oh!
Fri 29/08/03 at 01:49
Regular
The Xbox D-PAD is terrible on Dead or Alive 3. Aside from that I haven't had alot of problems with it. The next Xbox pad I get will probably be the wireless unofficial pad which is modelled on the S controller and it has a rumble feature unlike the Wavebird.
Fri 29/08/03 at 01:57
"I love yo... lamp."
X box pad is the best. It fits my hands. And I prefer the original. The PS controllers just hurt my hands. I liked the DC pad, only problem was the top of the analogue stick hurt your thumb after a while. And I suppose after 4+ hours of squeezing the triggers your hands started to feel a bit sore. But generally good.

GC pad is... not as good as hoped.
Fri 29/08/03 at 06:32
Regular
"\\"
Dudes... You're forgetting about the SNES controllers :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.