GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"whats with the grand theft auto series on xbox?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto 3'.
Tue 26/08/03 at 17:25
Regular
Can Microsoft not think up any ideas of a new crime gang game.Why do Microsoft have to copy PS2?
Mon 01/09/03 at 11:39
Regular
*applauds*
Sun 31/08/03 at 22:21
Regular
I have an Xbox.
Sun 31/08/03 at 22:18
Regular
People get fun mixed with kiddy. The two are easily assocaited for the less able in society.
Sun 31/08/03 at 22:16
Regular
What is it with these superficial prejudice fanboys?

Clazon, do you think you're proving something by avoiding games such as Mario Sunshine on the grounds that they're 'kiddy'? As Satoru Iwata quite adequately put it, "you'll never see Mario shooting hookers", but that isn't to say anyone over the age of 12 should avoid the game. Nintendo games have always been about fun, for people of all ages - I've grown up loving them. I would also advise you to play the game or console extensively before formulating an opinion.
Sun 31/08/03 at 22:02
Regular
Yes it is. I have said that I aren't keen on Metroid yet I haven't once said its crap as it is clear for me to see that other people will class it as one of the finest games ever for obvious reasons. Even games that score 2-3/10 I find hard to call utter none sense because some where along the lines someone will find a decent level of enjoyment to be had.

A good example for this is Gamespot's review for Conflict Desert Storm where they handed it 4.8/10 and basically said avoid at all costs. I for one am a big fan of CDS and I know others on here are too. I uaed to trust reviewers from big companies as I used to think they knew what they were talking about. Since getting my Cube back in January all has changed and I do not think their reasons are any more valid than the average joe bloggs. Some people are yet to see the same reasoning.
Sun 31/08/03 at 21:55
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> There is a MASSIVE difference between being pants and not liking it.

That's a good point. I really can't enjoy Shenmue II - I find it dull and tedious. However, I can appreciate the attention to detail, depth and passion that's gone into and therefore do not think of it as a crap game.

I expect it's the same with you and Metroid Prime.
Sun 31/08/03 at 02:34
Regular
"8==="
The ones you've said 'kiddy' to have an adult level of gameplay.
Sun 31/08/03 at 02:34
Regular
Resident Evil isn't a shooting game. Its a horror/puzzle solving game with shooting sections. Both the original and Zero are amazing games which I don't believe you have played. For Eternal Darkness maybe this link will fill you in:

http://cube.ign.com/articles /363/363071p1.html?fromint=1

(Remove space)

Oh and whats Kiddy about Mario? Its a fun and very difficult platform game at times. The finest platform game you will find on next generation consoles. Makes me laugh how you mix up kiddy games with "fun" games.

Wave Race is a solid racing game which is great fun to play. The Super Monkey Ball games are great multiplayer titles with surprisngly addictive single player, not to mention original. Pikmin is the only strategy game which I have actually enjoyed on a console. Highly addictive and superbly executed in an original and quirky way. More of these games should hit the shelves yet Nintendo can't fight this battle on their own despite being the only company able to pull of such a title.
Sun 31/08/03 at 02:28
Regular
Skies of Arcadia: Legends also which along side Devil May Cry and Halo is my fav next generation game. An epic in every sense.
Sun 31/08/03 at 02:28
Regular
"The Red Shift"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Ok then...
>
> In no particular order...
>
> Eternal Darkness- i must be honest and say i dont know what this is about.
> Resident Evil- same as below
> Resident Evil Zero- grown up but not a great shooter
> Metroid Prime- see what i said before
> Zelda: Wind Waker, good game but why the graphics?
> Mario Sunshine, kiddy
> Super Monkey Ball 1 + 2- this is random action, ok, but kiddy
> Wave Race Blue Storm- a regular ninty water race game
> Pikmin- this is quite fun, but still childish
> Star Wars Rogue Leader 2- could have got it on n64 for near the same game
> Super Smash Brothers- see what i said

> You "kiddy console" bull sheet makes me laugh though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.