GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Life after Death"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/03/07 at 22:36
Regular
Do you believe in life after death?. Following being diagnosed with cancer my life was put on stop, my world changed instantly. I and my family were in shock but I was not mad or asked why me?. I was however mad at the system that allowed me to get in this situation because there was history in my case that appeared not to mean a thing. I then had experiences that only convinced me that there are stranger things in heaven than on earth. Not a stranger to mystical events in the past I started a mission to work with cancer
Mon 30/04/07 at 21:16
Regular
"lets go back"
Garin wrote:
> Geffdof wrote:
> I'll correct you. It was written much earlier than that. The
> council of Nicea met in 300 AD to make the Nicean creed which
> is
> based on the bible and it had already been around for hundreds
> of
> years. Im not an historian so I dont know how they date stuff
> like this, but historical records etc show that the bible was
> written not too long after Jesus' death. Im talking about 30-40
> years here. Maybe less maybe more, Im not totally sure. Anyway,
> it was written as a first hand account. The Koran on the other
> hand WAS written after 600AD. Its possible you are thinking of
> that.
>
> Historical records? What records are these? I mean why is
> there such debate about the origins of the gospels if records
> exist?

There is no debate on the origin of the Gospels. The only debate is about gospels that arent in the bible and possibly should be.
Mon 30/04/07 at 19:26
Regular
Geffdof wrote:
> Fake bibles? What were they?

Laser printed covers with instuctions for floppys inside!

At least they now know God's views on people lacking libido.
Mon 30/04/07 at 19:05
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Geffdof wrote:
> I'll correct you. It was written much earlier than that. The
> council of Nicea met in 300 AD to make the Nicean creed which is
> based on the bible and it had already been around for hundreds of
> years. Im not an historian so I dont know how they date stuff
> like this, but historical records etc show that the bible was
> written not too long after Jesus' death. Im talking about 30-40
> years here. Maybe less maybe more, Im not totally sure. Anyway,
> it was written as a first hand account. The Koran on the other
> hand WAS written after 600AD. Its possible you are thinking of
> that.

Historical records? What records are these? I mean why is there such debate about the origins of the gospels if records exist?
Mon 30/04/07 at 18:44
Regular
"lets go back"
Fake bibles? What were they?
Mon 30/04/07 at 17:44
Regular
The funniest scam I ever pulled of was when I sold a bunch of Christians in my school fake bibles. Good times.
Mon 30/04/07 at 09:56
Regular
"lets go back"
I'll correct you. It was written much earlier than that. The council of Nicea met in 300 AD to make the Nicean creed which is based on the bible and it had already been around for hundreds of years. Im not an historian so I dont know how they date stuff like this, but historical records etc show that the bible was written not too long after Jesus' death. Im talking about 30-40 years here. Maybe less maybe more, Im not totally sure. Anyway, it was written as a first hand account. The Koran on the other hand WAS written after 600AD. Its possible you are thinking of that.
Mon 30/04/07 at 01:05
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Geffdof wrote:
> People died trying
> to spread the gospel message so that makes me think they believed
> it themselves and its not some elaborate story and they were
> witnesses to Jesus' life

Anyone is welcome to correct me here but i'm sure i read that the bible wasn't written until about 800AD. If thats the case then there is an obvious problem with it being written by witnesses.
The whole thing strikes me as chinese whispers and nothing more.
Mon 30/04/07 at 00:41
Regular
Cycloon wrote “But to attribute such information to 'psychic' connection is to define something intensely arbitary”
I can only offer my personal experiences and must admit it is difficult for anyone too accept this from a total stranger. Over thirty years ago I first witnessed the ‘psychic’ connection from a family member. This person had no reason to fake or have any material gain from this. It was a gift handed down the female line in the family from generation to generation. At first I was a skeptic, was it the power of the mined, if so a phenomena not accepted by the scientific community either. I soon became aware after a few more demonstrations of a tremendous emotional sensation. The ability to move physical objects that communicated ‘yes’ or ‘no’ to specific questions were witnessed. This person has now passed over, three years ago, and it is her who made my wife aware of my cancer, if I had not done anything I would not be here today if left untreated because of the stage and aggressiveness I was at.
Most religions as written by man in the last 2000 years cannot accept or recognize the possibility of connecting with those who pass on. Although Jesus was resurrected and all our soul’s will return to the father (God). It is worth reflecting that faith has been around a lot longer than 2 millennia and the battle between good and evil is more important than who’s God is better than the other.
Sun 29/04/07 at 21:55
Regular
"lets go back"
Yeah I get the point. I wouldn't say there is evidence, but there is still good reason to believe the bible, or at least consider it to be possibly true and have a read of it. People died trying to spread the gospel message so that makes me think they believed it themselves and its not some elaborate story and they were witnesses to Jesus' life so it should be enough to at least get someone interested
Sun 29/04/07 at 21:32
Regular
"Author of Pain"
Actually, I didn't deny that it was God's word, simply that it wasn't written by him. Although one does lead to the other. What you do admit though, is that as there is no proof either way, you (in a general sense) simply choose to believe that it is God's word, and you have no reason to do so other than that you have been told.

There are two kinds of people I guess. For me, the glass is half empty, and I don't believe anything unless there is reason that I should. Others see a glass half full, and beleive anything they're told unless they are certain it is false. Extremes, but you get the point.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.