GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Life after Death"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/03/07 at 22:36
Regular
Do you believe in life after death?. Following being diagnosed with cancer my life was put on stop, my world changed instantly. I and my family were in shock but I was not mad or asked why me?. I was however mad at the system that allowed me to get in this situation because there was history in my case that appeared not to mean a thing. I then had experiences that only convinced me that there are stranger things in heaven than on earth. Not a stranger to mystical events in the past I started a mission to work with cancer
Thu 03/05/07 at 15:04
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
And what roman documentation is this?
Thu 03/05/07 at 14:28
Regular
"lets go back"
It was Nin who mentioned age which is what started this whole debate. As for historical accuracy, There are non-biblical texts such as Roman documentation that confirms Jesus existed and was crucified on a cross. In fact there is apparently more historical evidence for the existence of Jesus than there is of the existence of Julius Caesar and you'd be a fool to deny his existence.

Jesus is a real historical figure who had a large following, and thats an historical fact even without the gospels.
Thu 03/05/07 at 13:29
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Geffdof wrote:
> There are plenty of independent historians who date the gospels
> to the time of Jesus. I suppose its one of those catch 22
> situations. there will always be people who try to dispute the
> authority of the bible.

*laugh* plenty of independent historians eh? Plenty of independent scientists dont believe in global warming too, doesnt make them right or credible. Simply you're making a worthless statement.
Having said that, I dont think theres much dispute regarding age (which is why I never specifically mentioned age). But the fact that you can date a document doesnt make it historically accurate. Otherwise you can just say Lord of Rings must be true because we can date when it was written.
Thu 03/05/07 at 09:42
Regular
"lets go back"
If you read the gospels, they don't seem to be copies of each other, but that's besides the point.

There are plenty of independent historians who date the gospels to the time of Jesus. I suppose its one of those catch 22 situations. there will always be people who try to dispute the authority of the bible.
Wed 02/05/07 at 20:13
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
I only ever mentioned the origins of the gospels, clearly dating is going to be a part of that but its not the only aspect.

That you dont see some gospels apparently being copies of others as a problem is irrelevant. We arent talking about your beliefs. I was merely pointing out that people outside the church DO NOT accept them as the historical documents you believe they are. And the "Synoptic Problem" is just the tip of the iceberg. But whatever gets you through the night. :)
Wed 02/05/07 at 19:55
Regular
Isn't there another thread for what you're talking about?
Wed 02/05/07 at 19:25
Regular
"lets go back"
What, that Matthew, Mark and Luke have all written similar things and in a similar order? Firstly, I don't see that as a problem. Secondly, what does that have to do with the date the Gospels were written? We were discussing the dating of the gospels and this doesn't alter the fact that they were first hand accounts.
Wed 02/05/07 at 17:06
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
As I said, total denial. :)

Theres no such thing as the "Synoptic Problem" no doubt.
Tue 01/05/07 at 12:43
Regular
"lets go back"
They do stand up to historical analysis. Its accepted by historians that the gospels were an eye witness account of Jesus' life. They were written just after the time of Jesus by people who knew him.
That's a widely accepted fact. The only debate is if they are true or not i.e. is Jesus the Messiah or just a regular bloke.
Tue 01/05/07 at 08:35
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Geffdof wrote:
> There is no debate on the origin of the Gospels. The only debate
> is about gospels that arent in the bible and possibly should be.

Err..yes there is and quite alot of it. However I dont find it surprising you're in total denial of this. They do not stand up to historical analysis and never have. If they did, dont you think the church would be on much firmer ground than it is?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.