GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Driver 3 amongst others canned on Cube...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/09/03 at 11:55
Regular
Taken from cube-europe.com

"Today at the SEGA event in Rotterdam, The Netherlands, we had a litte chat with Atari. Atari representatives were at the event because Atari distributes the SEGA titles in the Benelux. Unfortunately, Atari brought us some bad news.

Some of you may have already heard of these Cube cancellations. Today Atari confirmed the rumours...

Mission Impossible: Operation Surma, Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, and Driver 3 will not be released for the Nintendo GameCube.

Fortunately, Atari said we will probably see the sequel to Dragonball Z: Budokai on the Nintendo GameCube. And the following titles are also still on for a release on the GameCube: XGRA, The Powerpuff Girls, Beyblade, Dexter's Laboratory, Carmen San Diego, Kero Kero King, and Digimon Rumble Arena 2. "

So we loose the games that would have sold and we're left with kiddy crap like Dexters Laboratory and The Powerpuff girls.

WTF?

No wonder Cube gets labelled as a kiddy machine when developers treat it like this.
Wed 24/09/03 at 11:55
Regular
Taken from cube-europe.com

"Today at the SEGA event in Rotterdam, The Netherlands, we had a litte chat with Atari. Atari representatives were at the event because Atari distributes the SEGA titles in the Benelux. Unfortunately, Atari brought us some bad news.

Some of you may have already heard of these Cube cancellations. Today Atari confirmed the rumours...

Mission Impossible: Operation Surma, Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, and Driver 3 will not be released for the Nintendo GameCube.

Fortunately, Atari said we will probably see the sequel to Dragonball Z: Budokai on the Nintendo GameCube. And the following titles are also still on for a release on the GameCube: XGRA, The Powerpuff Girls, Beyblade, Dexter's Laboratory, Carmen San Diego, Kero Kero King, and Digimon Rumble Arena 2. "

So we loose the games that would have sold and we're left with kiddy crap like Dexters Laboratory and The Powerpuff girls.

WTF?

No wonder Cube gets labelled as a kiddy machine when developers treat it like this.
Wed 24/09/03 at 12:11
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Driver 3 is worrying news. The rest I couldn't give a crap about, but to lose a game like that is frustrating, especially when it showed to much promise early on.

Bah to you, Atari.
Wed 24/09/03 at 12:14
Regular
"hit the road jack"
I was really looking forward to Driver 3. I heard they were putting alot of effort in. Shame.
Wed 24/09/03 at 12:33
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Driver 3 or The Powerpoof Girls? I'd choose Driver 3 every time. I think AJ said it best...

BAH TO YOU ATARI!
Wed 24/09/03 at 13:15
Regular
Sheet! This is terrible news. Well the Driver 3 part is big time.
Wed 24/09/03 at 14:17
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Driver 3 is the only loss... but its a major loss.

The other stuff isnt gonna be missed at all and if anything those titles would only have dragged the Qubes wrongly accused reputation as being 'a kiddys machine' closer to becoming the truth, so at least theres some good news tied in with the bad.
Wed 24/09/03 at 19:11
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Heh.. driver 3 looked good!
Wed 24/09/03 at 19:14
"period drama"
Even though I'll just get Driver 3 on my PS2 I still feel sorry for poor old Ninty. And angry at stupid old Atari.

*Shakes fist*

Here it is. GC isn't a kiddes consoles, it's being forced into one.
Oh, how the mockery will continue.
Wed 24/09/03 at 19:17
Regular
"8==="
Considering Atari's history I'm not surprised they're being cautious and publishing less games in a volatile market rather than producing more than might be needed.
Wed 24/09/03 at 19:19
"period drama"
But what would sell better: -
Driver 3 or Digimon Rumble Arena 2?

It's not the hardest thing to work out.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.