GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBox for me!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/09/01 at 09:46
Regular
Just been looking at XBox.com, saw this list of games from Sega, for the XBox, out in the US before Christmas, hopefully launch titles over here?

List includes:

"Crazy Taxi™ Next" (working title). Pedestrians will need to watch out when the "Crazy Taxi" franchise hits Xbox.

"House of the Dead™ 3." The horror has returned. Players will need every ounce of their reflexes and marksmanship skills if they hope to survive.

"JSRF — Jet Set Radio Future™" (working title). Players should get ready for a cutting-edge soundtrack, a groundbreaking artistic look and insane new tricks. It's all about extreme skating, extreme action and extreme style.

"Sega GT™ 2002." This adrenaline-filled car-racing game features amazingly real vehicles and graphics.

"Panzer Dragoon" (working title). Xbox owners will be the first to return to the stunning world of "Panzer Dragoon." They can take flight once again to explore the lush beauty, fierce technology and mysterious dragon-breeding culture of one Sega's most sought-after franchises.

"Sega Sports™ NFL 2K2." The substance, realism and competition of "Sega Sports NFL 2K2" charges onto the powerful Xbox.

"Sega Sports™ NBA 2K2." Touted as the best basketball game released last year, "NBA 2K2" makes its debut on Xbox and is sure to rise to the top of the basketball ranks.

Add to that US launch titles like Project Gotham Racing, Halo, Fusion Frenzy, Star Wars StarFighter, DoA 3, Tony Hawks 2x, Cel Damage and Oddwold: Munch's Oddysee, and I think the XBox might not do so bad as some people think....
Tue 18/09/01 at 10:30
Regular
That wasn't aimed at you because, like you said, you are actually considering getting a Gamecube and you're clearly not prejudice against it.

I think that the statement applies to most though.
Tue 18/09/01 at 10:18
Regular
Strafex wrote:
The Gamecube? Bought by gamers like
> myself who aren't scared of cartoony graphics.

The graphics don't scare me, I have an N64 and a GBA, it's just at the moment, there are more games on the XBox that I like.

Also, it seems to me that more of Sega's games are going to the XBox than the GC, although it is *very* close.

Admittedly the launch of both of them is a while away, so there is a slight possibility I could buy a GC instead. I deally I'd like both, as there are a couple of games on the GC that interest me, there's just more on the XBox.
Tue 18/09/01 at 10:13
Regular
I was surprised at school the other day.

I'd always thought that the Xbox was mostly unheard of or something that most people didn't really care about.

It seems that it has got a fair following, by people who think that the PS2 is a mess (yes, although it does have a killer line up after a year, so did the N64 and the damage was irreversible in that case), that the Gamecube is a kiddies machine mainly (a stereoype I WILL stamp out of everyone!) and are pretty much looking forward to the Xbox.

I guess that the Xbox will be the new "Playstation", which was in turn the new "Mega Drive" etc.

The Gamecube? Bought by gamers like myself who aren't scared of cartoony graphics.
Tue 18/09/01 at 09:46
Regular
Just been looking at XBox.com, saw this list of games from Sega, for the XBox, out in the US before Christmas, hopefully launch titles over here?

List includes:

"Crazy Taxi™ Next" (working title). Pedestrians will need to watch out when the "Crazy Taxi" franchise hits Xbox.

"House of the Dead™ 3." The horror has returned. Players will need every ounce of their reflexes and marksmanship skills if they hope to survive.

"JSRF — Jet Set Radio Future™" (working title). Players should get ready for a cutting-edge soundtrack, a groundbreaking artistic look and insane new tricks. It's all about extreme skating, extreme action and extreme style.

"Sega GT™ 2002." This adrenaline-filled car-racing game features amazingly real vehicles and graphics.

"Panzer Dragoon" (working title). Xbox owners will be the first to return to the stunning world of "Panzer Dragoon." They can take flight once again to explore the lush beauty, fierce technology and mysterious dragon-breeding culture of one Sega's most sought-after franchises.

"Sega Sports™ NFL 2K2." The substance, realism and competition of "Sega Sports NFL 2K2" charges onto the powerful Xbox.

"Sega Sports™ NBA 2K2." Touted as the best basketball game released last year, "NBA 2K2" makes its debut on Xbox and is sure to rise to the top of the basketball ranks.

Add to that US launch titles like Project Gotham Racing, Halo, Fusion Frenzy, Star Wars StarFighter, DoA 3, Tony Hawks 2x, Cel Damage and Oddwold: Munch's Oddysee, and I think the XBox might not do so bad as some people think....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.