GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBox for me!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/09/01 at 09:46
Regular
Just been looking at XBox.com, saw this list of games from Sega, for the XBox, out in the US before Christmas, hopefully launch titles over here?

List includes:

"Crazy Taxi™ Next" (working title). Pedestrians will need to watch out when the "Crazy Taxi" franchise hits Xbox.

"House of the Dead™ 3." The horror has returned. Players will need every ounce of their reflexes and marksmanship skills if they hope to survive.

"JSRF — Jet Set Radio Future™" (working title). Players should get ready for a cutting-edge soundtrack, a groundbreaking artistic look and insane new tricks. It's all about extreme skating, extreme action and extreme style.

"Sega GT™ 2002." This adrenaline-filled car-racing game features amazingly real vehicles and graphics.

"Panzer Dragoon" (working title). Xbox owners will be the first to return to the stunning world of "Panzer Dragoon." They can take flight once again to explore the lush beauty, fierce technology and mysterious dragon-breeding culture of one Sega's most sought-after franchises.

"Sega Sports™ NFL 2K2." The substance, realism and competition of "Sega Sports NFL 2K2" charges onto the powerful Xbox.

"Sega Sports™ NBA 2K2." Touted as the best basketball game released last year, "NBA 2K2" makes its debut on Xbox and is sure to rise to the top of the basketball ranks.

Add to that US launch titles like Project Gotham Racing, Halo, Fusion Frenzy, Star Wars StarFighter, DoA 3, Tony Hawks 2x, Cel Damage and Oddwold: Munch's Oddysee, and I think the XBox might not do so bad as some people think....
Tue 18/09/01 at 15:59
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Using the pad to type in names is a pain in the backside, if you have to do entire conversations on it, nightmare!

The mic thing would be good, but then the PS2 is broadband too, so we will see it there also.

Good-oh!
Tue 18/09/01 at 15:51
Regular
I'm guessing that as the XBox has broadband, you'll have a microphone and talk to people down it.

Either that or you use the joypad to type. But I'm guessing it's the microphone aspect.

One way or another it'll be possible, as Tony Hawks 3 is out on XBox as well, with the same features as the PS2 version, except for some minor graphical differences obviously.
Tue 18/09/01 at 15:37
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
In Sony's THPS3, the online is not just for games. They will (so I hear) have a place where you can chat to others, before challenging them or showing off your next trick.

If that isnt true, there would still be many ways that having the ability to talk to other players would be handy, or just nice. Are they going to miss out on this or have to scroll letters with the pad to type?

(not having a dig, or an argument here, genuinely asking :) )
Tue 18/09/01 at 15:20
Regular
Yeah, it comes with a broadband modem installed already.

You can use the controller to go online.

Remember, most people who go online with consoles only play games. So as long as it's good enough to connect to a server and play the game, what more do you need?

Also, can you imagine how awkward it would be to lay on the floor and use a keyboard and mouse, or relax on the sofa and try and play UT with a keyboard etc?

I've got my PC for emails etc, I want an XBox for games.

Simple.
Tue 18/09/01 at 15:17
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Not having a keyboard or mouse isnt going to make it internet friendly if it goes online, doesnt it come with a modem?
Tue 18/09/01 at 15:02
Regular
That won't happen.

MS are so determined to get rid of the "It's just a PC" argument, that they are thinking of banning third parties from bringing out mice and keyboards for it.

They won't make them either.

They want people to know it's a console, so no mice, or keyboards or anything. Which is why there is a "back" button on the controller.

Also, the DC used Windows CE, which is basically a completely bulletproof, stripped down version of Windows, I guess the XBox will use this, in which case there won't be a problem.

Afterall, why would it need to use a "proper" version of Windoze? It won't have scanners, or printers, or keyboards or Word, or Outlook etc that comes with a PC.
Tue 18/09/01 at 15:00
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
It did crash at that fair...

(Yes, all machines chash occasionally, just ironic that it did it on its first ever public outing...)
Tue 18/09/01 at 14:57
Regular
"Back For Good"
The xbox could be the next playstation but people are forgetting who makes the thing.

Do blue screens, this program has performed an illegal operation and bill gates mean anything :)
Tue 18/09/01 at 13:56
Regular
NiGHTS was made by the Sonic Team.

So far, the Sonic Team have worked for the Gamecube exclusively with Sonic Adventure 2 and Phantasy Star Online 2.

Mr Naka (Sonics creator) and Miyamoto (maker of Mario) are very keen on working together.

If a new NiGHTS game is released, I'm sure it'll be on the Cube first.
Tue 18/09/01 at 10:45
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
The reason I am getting a Gamecube is because of the games. Chances are, that a lot more 3rd party developers will play this time round.

X-Box doesn't look that bad, but it's sooooo big, and really, I don't need a DVD player... I have a Stereo, and the Gamecube will be on-line within a year.

I can see why people are interested in the X-Box... someon of the titles look great, and no doubt play great, and the way the relationship between Sega and Microsoft is going, the X-Box could get the sequel to 'one of the best games ever' - SEGA NiGHTS: Into Dreams.

Hopefully it'll come to Gamecube, but that is coming from Someone who is getting a Gamecube. It is, however, quite a kiddie game, so you never know...!

Game

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.