GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBox for me!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/09/01 at 09:46
Regular
Just been looking at XBox.com, saw this list of games from Sega, for the XBox, out in the US before Christmas, hopefully launch titles over here?

List includes:

"Crazy Taxi™ Next" (working title). Pedestrians will need to watch out when the "Crazy Taxi" franchise hits Xbox.

"House of the Dead™ 3." The horror has returned. Players will need every ounce of their reflexes and marksmanship skills if they hope to survive.

"JSRF — Jet Set Radio Future™" (working title). Players should get ready for a cutting-edge soundtrack, a groundbreaking artistic look and insane new tricks. It's all about extreme skating, extreme action and extreme style.

"Sega GT™ 2002." This adrenaline-filled car-racing game features amazingly real vehicles and graphics.

"Panzer Dragoon" (working title). Xbox owners will be the first to return to the stunning world of "Panzer Dragoon." They can take flight once again to explore the lush beauty, fierce technology and mysterious dragon-breeding culture of one Sega's most sought-after franchises.

"Sega Sports™ NFL 2K2." The substance, realism and competition of "Sega Sports NFL 2K2" charges onto the powerful Xbox.

"Sega Sports™ NBA 2K2." Touted as the best basketball game released last year, "NBA 2K2" makes its debut on Xbox and is sure to rise to the top of the basketball ranks.

Add to that US launch titles like Project Gotham Racing, Halo, Fusion Frenzy, Star Wars StarFighter, DoA 3, Tony Hawks 2x, Cel Damage and Oddwold: Munch's Oddysee, and I think the XBox might not do so bad as some people think....
Wed 19/09/01 at 00:32
Regular
how do you do the tm thing?
Tue 18/09/01 at 22:54
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
The only bad thing about Sega games, is that they are notorious for being too short and they usually have the novelty span of a day.

To me, all these games are nothing interesting or generally new enough to appeal to me - we've seen it all before I'm afraid. But then again, new ideas are hrad to come by.

I'm afraid I'd have to say that the X-box will be a waste of money and not worth buying.
Tue 18/09/01 at 18:43
Thinking about it, bringing out out conversions of existing games is quicker, so that could mean more launch titles. I hope that titles don't get rushed like some of the launch titles on PS2 were.
Tue 18/09/01 at 18:35
Regular
Tellah wrote:
Notice anything about these titles?
Sounds to me like> the Xbox is going to be even more sequal based than the PS2> (Something the PS2 has been slated for in these forums).I'm sure> they will be great, but no-one can say PS2 games are unoriginal> upgrades compared with this unimaginative list!

I notice you only quote the sequels from my list and refrain from noticing the original titles.

Also, games like JSRF are built from scratch, new engine, new levels, same characters, does that constitue a sequel?

Also, the Sega sports titles come out each year, the same as the EA titles on the PS2. And I for one would rather play a Sega game than an EA game any day of the week!
Tue 18/09/01 at 18:31
Regular
"Whatever!"
Same here - Loads of X-Box games tempt me but I want a GC first before I decide to purchase one!!
With Dead or Alive 3, Munches Oddysee, Jet Set Radio Future, it may not be so bad after all!!
Tue 18/09/01 at 18:29
There are some games that are coming out on the Xbox that really interest me. The one that I am really keeping my eye on is Dead or Alive 3.
Tue 18/09/01 at 17:32
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
Your Honour wrote:

List includes:

"Crazy Taxi™ Next"
"House of the Dead™ 3."
"JSRF — Jet Set Radio Future
"Sega GT™ 2002."
"Panzer Dragoon"
"Sega Sports™ NFL 2K2."
"Sega Sports™ NBA 2K2."
DoA 3, Tony Hawks 2x, Oddwold: Munch's Oddysee.

Notice anything about these titles?
Sounds to me like the Xbox is going to be even more sequal based than the PS2 (Something the PS2 has been slated for in these forums).
I'm sure they will be great, but no-one can say PS2 games are unoriginal upgrades compared with this unimaginative list!
Tue 18/09/01 at 16:49
Regular
"Digging!"
i have herd you have to install games on the xbox
Tue 18/09/01 at 16:33
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
thanks. i added u.
Tue 18/09/01 at 16:28
Regular

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.