GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBox for me!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/09/01 at 09:46
Regular
Just been looking at XBox.com, saw this list of games from Sega, for the XBox, out in the US before Christmas, hopefully launch titles over here?

List includes:

"Crazy Taxi™ Next" (working title). Pedestrians will need to watch out when the "Crazy Taxi" franchise hits Xbox.

"House of the Dead™ 3." The horror has returned. Players will need every ounce of their reflexes and marksmanship skills if they hope to survive.

"JSRF — Jet Set Radio Future™" (working title). Players should get ready for a cutting-edge soundtrack, a groundbreaking artistic look and insane new tricks. It's all about extreme skating, extreme action and extreme style.

"Sega GT™ 2002." This adrenaline-filled car-racing game features amazingly real vehicles and graphics.

"Panzer Dragoon" (working title). Xbox owners will be the first to return to the stunning world of "Panzer Dragoon." They can take flight once again to explore the lush beauty, fierce technology and mysterious dragon-breeding culture of one Sega's most sought-after franchises.

"Sega Sports™ NFL 2K2." The substance, realism and competition of "Sega Sports NFL 2K2" charges onto the powerful Xbox.

"Sega Sports™ NBA 2K2." Touted as the best basketball game released last year, "NBA 2K2" makes its debut on Xbox and is sure to rise to the top of the basketball ranks.

Add to that US launch titles like Project Gotham Racing, Halo, Fusion Frenzy, Star Wars StarFighter, DoA 3, Tony Hawks 2x, Cel Damage and Oddwold: Munch's Oddysee, and I think the XBox might not do so bad as some people think....
Wed 19/09/01 at 12:46
"I hate that!!!"
oh it's [email protected] is it? well i'm just sighning in to msn if you want to chat my adress is [email protected]
Wed 19/09/01 at 12:43
Regular
I did say that.

But I made it up, that's not my email address.
Wed 19/09/01 at 12:42
"I hate that!!!"
[email protected] but that's what you said your msn adress was didn't you?
Wed 19/09/01 at 12:38
Regular
I don't have an email address [email protected]
Wed 19/09/01 at 12:26
"I hate that!!!"
[email protected] it was something like that anyway.

it's the one u told us in a post erlyer on.

PS sorry for the typos my mind went blank on that 2nd last word.just completely forgot how2 speel it
Wed 19/09/01 at 10:54
I'd buy an Xbox but I don't think my house is big enough to fit it in. (Har har - 'cause the Xbox is so big geddit?)

The games are all pants. I don't like the pad, its too big and clunky. I don't like the positioning of the on/off switch. I don't like the colour. There's not enough room for it on my TV stand. Its overpriced. It doesn't taste as nice as the PS2. Its not a cube. Bill Gates still owes me big time for that "Microsoft" idea I had, so I'm not going to line his pockets. Bill Gates also wears glasses and as such cannot be trusted. His shoe size doesn't appeal to me. Oh, and the Xbox doesn't come with a free bag of sweets!

WooHoo!!! My first rant against a console!!! It felt good, I can see why there's been all the fuss of "console wars" in the past.
Wed 19/09/01 at 10:52
Regular
Did you?

To which email address?
Wed 19/09/01 at 10:38
"I hate that!!!"
Hey YH I sent you a e mail just a min ago.
Wed 19/09/01 at 09:17
Regular
Shocktrooper wrote:
To me, all these games are nothing interesting or generally new
> enough to appeal to me - we've seen it all before I'm afraid. But
> then again, new ideas are hrad to come by.

I can see your point, they are normally better in multipalyer.

BUT, with over 150 developers signed up for the XBox (more than any other console, ever - I *think*), I don't really see the XBox being short of a few good games.

I only posted the Sega ones on here as I like their style of game, and whoever they give most support to (MS or the Big N), will probably decide for me which console to get.
Wed 19/09/01 at 01:29
I can think of many reasons for owning an X-Box but I can think of just as many reasons NOT to own one. Some of the games I've seen have been nothing short of amazing. Most of the games are sequals or PC ports. The machine and the joypad are too big.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.