GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Just read it"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Killzone'.
Fri 26/09/03 at 11:47
Regular
"Thats all, really"
hello boys and girls!
i ve got some hot news for us diehard PS2 owners. I just saw a few screenshots for upcoming PS2 exclusive KILLZONE. Remember that name. It's going to be huge. HUUUUGE!!!!!! It's developed by 'Guerilla'- Europe based Sony's new development team. Everything about the game is still hush hush! All I know is that it's due for the first qurter 2004 release, sometime! The game itself is a first person shooter, but by the looks of it it's going to rival Halo 2's massive gameplay and graphics. The word is that it's likely to be even more engenious and inovative. All I have to say about the subject is: 'HA HA', to you X-box owners. I think it's long overdue that PS2 got some great FPS, as X-box kicked it's but in FPS genre department. But no more. I just hope there will be no delays or such, and the game will rise to meet it's skyhigh potential and expectation! Well done! well done indeed!!!
By the way does anyone have any info on Ico 2???? I know it was anaunced, than canceled(delayed maybe??), than some screenshots came trough, than they show us nothing on this year's E3, till I don't know what to think anymore! Thats really strange move by Sony at best, since Ico is one of those games that could really make a difference, don't you think???
Sat 27/09/03 at 19:03
Regular
"Thats all, really"
Hello gamers and alike!!!!
Ho ho I think someone is getting nancy about KILLZONE greatness, maybe threatened even, because I know that YOU know what I know and that is: KILLZONE is rock solid great beautifull, and when it is released (i think it's going to be 4th quarter 2004 release actually, not 1st quarter like I originally wrote, ups) it's going to KILL every other game out there(mostly Halo 2 of all games, ha ha), shattered them to unrecognizable pieces and blast them to oblivion!!!!
Now thats a poetry for you!!! And PS2 can't do the math for DOOM 3( which is great by the way) because it's going to do the math for KILLZONE and do it with style!!!! With syle I tell you!! I know it's maybe to early to claim such praises for a game that is not even shown in it's playable form but I didn't have such a good feeling about a game in I don't know how long, and my feeling never fails me (well maybe once or twice...or more). Anywho I think there is a KILLZONE fan site somewhere out there so if anyone knows it please share it with rest of us!!! That's it for now, got to run!! 'till next time then, and not sooner!!!
Sat 27/09/03 at 19:21
Regular
"8==="
Mullet soul wrote:
> Hello gamers and alike!!!!
> Ho ho I think someone is getting nancy about KILLZONE greatness,
> maybe threatened even, because I know that YOU know what I know and
> that is: KILLZONE is rock solid great beautifull, and when it is
> released (i think it's going to be 4th quarter 2004 release actually,
> not 1st quarter like I originally wrote, ups) it's going to KILL
> every other game out there(mostly Halo 2 of all games, ha ha),
> shattered them to unrecognizable pieces and blast them to
> oblivion!!!!

Good to see the art of 'Fanboy' is still alive. We all need a good laugh every so often.

> Now thats a poetry for you!!! And PS2 can't do the math for DOOM 3(
> which is great by the way) because it's going to do the math for
> KILLZONE and do it with style!!!! With syle I tell you!! I know it's
> maybe to early to claim such praises for a game that is not even
> shown in it's playable form but I didn't have such a good feeling
> about a game in I don't know how long, and my feeling never fails me
> (well maybe once or twice...or more).

Heh. That's funny on so many levels.
Sat 27/09/03 at 20:44
Regular
"pause.tk" "13cm"
I thought i was a fanboy...
Sat 27/09/03 at 22:25
Regular
No you are a gayboy ;)
Sun 28/09/03 at 13:00
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Darwock wrote:
> Ever
> seen anything to rival F-Zero GX or MGS2 on a high-end PC?

Yes.
Sun 28/09/03 at 13:35
Regular
Mullet soul wrote:
> I think it's long overdue that PS2 got some great FPS, as X-box kicked
> it's but in FPS genre department.

I hear this constantly, but its rubbish. It totally depends on your tastes. Its fair that if Halo is what you like, its one of the best FPS games around, but there are plenty of people who prefer a decent multiplayer game such as TimeSplitters 2. It far exceeds Halo's quality when you take into account the multiplayer game. Even the one player game was brought up to a better standard in the sequel. I would choose Splitters 2 over Halo any day, and that's unlikely the change.

Its got tremendous lastability, partly because of the number of challenges and league modes, but also because its just fun to play over and over. Its not a straight through, finish, put down, type of game.

Even if that's not your kind of thing, just pick up the PC game conversion Half Life, which despite its age, still has more to it than Halo. It might not look as impressive, but that's not what matters. PS2's range of games is huge now and has plenty of decent titles in every category, I feel absolutely no need to even look at another console.
Sun 28/09/03 at 14:19
Regular
Timesplitters 2 is on the Xbox as well. Onyl better because you have a Hard Drive for map saves, Dolby Digital and an overall sharper package. This doesn't stop it from being utter guff and quite frankly one of the worst games I have ever played but that aside you can't use a multi format game to promote a system without you losing out at some point.
Sun 28/09/03 at 15:48
Regular
Very true, it is multi-format, and that's a good thing. Its a PS2 born series, and so its nice that everyone gets to enjoy it. As for promoting the system, I wasn't in the way you are thinking.

Does X-Box kick the PS2's butt in FPS games. I'm saying no, because in my opinion, the best two FPS games out there are both on PS2. Half Life and Splitters 2. The fact that both those have appeared on other consoles doesn't matter. The point is that with a PS2, you can enjoy something from every genre, rather than having to rely on just one FPS game.

I'm sorry that you really don't like Splitters 2, its a fantastic game, meaning that its a great shame you don't like it. You're missing out. Perhaps with Splitters 3 there will be something more you can enjoy.
Sun 28/09/03 at 15:58
Regular
What about Deus EX 2, Operation Flashpoint XB, Counter Strike XB, Halo 2, Half Life 2, Doom 3 and Prerfect Dark Zero? I am sorry but the Xbox has the shooting genre well and truly rapped up. The Return to Castle Wolfenstein was fantastic on the Xbox along with Halo and Xbox LIVE focused Soldier of Fortune 2 and Unreal Championship.

The Xbox simply doesn't have any competition when it comes down to FPS.
Sun 28/09/03 at 16:13
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I think by the time Killzone gets released (12 months away from now) it'll look old hat compared to what else has been released in the meantime. Between now and then there's probably another 10-15 FPS titles coming out on the PS2, some of which we haven't even heard of yet.

Between now and then I'll be mostly playing MOH:Frontline and FireWarrior, with a little bit of Half-Life and Deus Ex for my PS2 FPS-fixes.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.