GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Just read it"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Killzone'.
Fri 26/09/03 at 11:47
Regular
"Thats all, really"
hello boys and girls!
i ve got some hot news for us diehard PS2 owners. I just saw a few screenshots for upcoming PS2 exclusive KILLZONE. Remember that name. It's going to be huge. HUUUUGE!!!!!! It's developed by 'Guerilla'- Europe based Sony's new development team. Everything about the game is still hush hush! All I know is that it's due for the first qurter 2004 release, sometime! The game itself is a first person shooter, but by the looks of it it's going to rival Halo 2's massive gameplay and graphics. The word is that it's likely to be even more engenious and inovative. All I have to say about the subject is: 'HA HA', to you X-box owners. I think it's long overdue that PS2 got some great FPS, as X-box kicked it's but in FPS genre department. But no more. I just hope there will be no delays or such, and the game will rise to meet it's skyhigh potential and expectation! Well done! well done indeed!!!
By the way does anyone have any info on Ico 2???? I know it was anaunced, than canceled(delayed maybe??), than some screenshots came trough, than they show us nothing on this year's E3, till I don't know what to think anymore! Thats really strange move by Sony at best, since Ico is one of those games that could really make a difference, don't you think???
Fri 26/09/03 at 11:47
Regular
"Thats all, really"
hello boys and girls!
i ve got some hot news for us diehard PS2 owners. I just saw a few screenshots for upcoming PS2 exclusive KILLZONE. Remember that name. It's going to be huge. HUUUUGE!!!!!! It's developed by 'Guerilla'- Europe based Sony's new development team. Everything about the game is still hush hush! All I know is that it's due for the first qurter 2004 release, sometime! The game itself is a first person shooter, but by the looks of it it's going to rival Halo 2's massive gameplay and graphics. The word is that it's likely to be even more engenious and inovative. All I have to say about the subject is: 'HA HA', to you X-box owners. I think it's long overdue that PS2 got some great FPS, as X-box kicked it's but in FPS genre department. But no more. I just hope there will be no delays or such, and the game will rise to meet it's skyhigh potential and expectation! Well done! well done indeed!!!
By the way does anyone have any info on Ico 2???? I know it was anaunced, than canceled(delayed maybe??), than some screenshots came trough, than they show us nothing on this year's E3, till I don't know what to think anymore! Thats really strange move by Sony at best, since Ico is one of those games that could really make a difference, don't you think???
Fri 26/09/03 at 12:01
Regular
"8==="
Mullet soul wrote:
> but by the looks of it it's going to rival Halo 2's massive gameplay
> and graphics. The word is that it's likely to be even more engenious
> and inovative.

Well considering we don't ACTUALLY know what's in Halo 2 yet that's a tall order.

All I have to say about the subject is: 'HA HA', to
> you X-box owners.

Yes you get 1 FPS game which is 'supposed' to better than an unreleased game that little it known about.

I think it's long overdue that PS2 got some great
> FPS, as X-box kicked it's but in FPS genre department.

Still does and by 2004 it'll have another bucketload.

Still nice to know some PS2 owners feel it's under threat from a quality games machine. ;)

I doubt This game is going to beat Halo 2 considering it can't do the math for Doom3.

Now YOU do the math.
Fri 26/09/03 at 12:02
Regular
"8==="
*PS2 can't do the math
Fri 26/09/03 at 12:47
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Just because it can't do the math for doom 3 dosn't mean that killzone can't be of a very high standard.
Fri 26/09/03 at 13:52
Regular
"8==="
Fair enough. No doubt it will be of high standard but what I am saying is:

"Don't hold your breath for a Halo 2 beater".

The magazines tend to hype up these things, apparently Mace Griffin/griffon was good, it was billed as a Halo beater but I haven't heard anyone raving about it recently so I assume that wasn't true.

I remember the biggest mistake was when the claimed Tomorrow Never dies was better than Goldeneye! That really spells out how idiotic the gaming press can be.

To be fair though every platform tries to say it's exclusives are better than others and lazy reveiwing compliments this approach. For instance on the back of Morrowind there is a quote claiming that it is 'Xbox's GTA'. This makes a nice soundbite but it's hardly true.
Fri 26/09/03 at 13:53
Regular
"8==="
*of a
Fri 26/09/03 at 13:54
Regular
"8==="
*They

*Reviewing

Arg! :D
Fri 26/09/03 at 14:14
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
I hate these 'can't do the math' discussions. It makes no sense. Ever seen anything to rival F-Zero GX or MGS2 on a high-end PC? I doubt it. It's what you do with the hardware that counts, not what it's theoretically capable of.
Fri 26/09/03 at 19:05
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
It is a silly argument to make.
Doom 3 was designed for the PC. The PS2 can't do the math because it isn't designed to run on the PS2. Given time I am sure the developers could get a decent version of the game going on a PS2. Just not the same as the PC version.
The architecture of the Xbox is similar to that of a PC and more advanced in most areas to the PS2 so a version of Doom 3 could be produced quickly for it.
I see Hedfix's point though, too many times we see 'Halo beater' or 'Could beat GTA3' etc and the hype just makes the game seem too good to be true.

From what I have seen of Killzone it does look a great game which should only get better.

"Fingers crossed"
Fri 26/09/03 at 19:13
Regular
Killzone is one I am keeping an eye on. I read the article in OPS2 which was written by what I class as a complete kn*b who says Halo is nothing special one minute but in the next sentence Killzone can be compared to the level of Halo...

Oh and by the way, MGS2 is on the PC...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.