GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Just read it"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Killzone'.
Fri 26/09/03 at 11:47
Regular
"Thats all, really"
hello boys and girls!
i ve got some hot news for us diehard PS2 owners. I just saw a few screenshots for upcoming PS2 exclusive KILLZONE. Remember that name. It's going to be huge. HUUUUGE!!!!!! It's developed by 'Guerilla'- Europe based Sony's new development team. Everything about the game is still hush hush! All I know is that it's due for the first qurter 2004 release, sometime! The game itself is a first person shooter, but by the looks of it it's going to rival Halo 2's massive gameplay and graphics. The word is that it's likely to be even more engenious and inovative. All I have to say about the subject is: 'HA HA', to you X-box owners. I think it's long overdue that PS2 got some great FPS, as X-box kicked it's but in FPS genre department. But no more. I just hope there will be no delays or such, and the game will rise to meet it's skyhigh potential and expectation! Well done! well done indeed!!!
By the way does anyone have any info on Ico 2???? I know it was anaunced, than canceled(delayed maybe??), than some screenshots came trough, than they show us nothing on this year's E3, till I don't know what to think anymore! Thats really strange move by Sony at best, since Ico is one of those games that could really make a difference, don't you think???
Mon 29/09/03 at 16:57
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
Can't wait for Killzone.
Or Socom 2 for that matter.
They fit my 1st/3rd PS requirements entirely.

The console wars?
Each to their own. I don't think it's necessary to argue the facts (which anyone interested in gaming already knows). Anything outside the facts is just bias.
It does keep the forums lively though!!
Mon 29/09/03 at 16:32
Regular
Ah, that's fair enough, I found the same when I was looking around. There are plenty that would help me, with using PS2 controllers on the X-Box, but as you say, I couldn't find any going the other way. Sorry!
Mon 29/09/03 at 16:11
Regular
"8==="
*Everything else
Mon 29/09/03 at 16:10
Regular
"8==="
Too be honest it's a little too late now. I was looking at a PS2 when I had my N64 but now I have my GC and Xbox there's only Tribes: Aerial Assault that I would like to get. Everything I wanted is now on the GC and/or X-box.
Mon 29/09/03 at 16:03
Regular
I've just tried to load google.com, but I'm having problems with it, oddly. Anyway, if you don't have any luck with google, I'm sure there have been discussions about it on this site before, so you could probably just start a new topic asking where to buy adaptors.
Mon 29/09/03 at 16:03
Regular
"8==="
I have looked before. The converters I found were to make PS2 controllers work on Xbox and Gamecube.

It is quite infuriating.
Mon 29/09/03 at 15:58
Regular
I think there are adaptors you can buy. I'm afraid I can't really be much more help than that, but if you put in a google search you might be able to find an adaptor that would let you plug an X-Box/N64 controller in to the PS2 and use it that way. It would obviously need some tweaking to make sure the right buttons did what you wanted, but I'm fairly sure its possible.
Mon 29/09/03 at 15:51
Regular
"8==="
*Shrugs*

Forget it.

I have tried very hard in the past to like the way the Playstation does things: I can't.

I dislike the controllers, the quantity over quality approach and amongst other things the gall of Sony to release a multitap for the PS2 after every other manufacturer had decided 4 ports was the standard.

Despite this I would actually own a PS2 and a small collection of games if they'd actually released an alernative/updated version of the controller.

They haven't so I stuck with my N64 until the Xbox and GC turned up.

So whether there is a great line-up in the FPS games genre or various other game genres is really a mute point because until they can actually make a controller that I want to play games with I won't be bothering with any of them.
Mon 29/09/03 at 15:40
Regular
Phew... glad we both saw the funny side of that one.
Mon 29/09/03 at 15:36
Regular
"8==="
ssxpro wrote:
>
> Also, I'm trying not to resort to insults, but this one's funny, so
> don't take it personally, but I hope you appreciate it. The word
> compliment means to praise, so by buying another console, you were
> saying it would make the PS2 look better, a pleasant surprise.
> Perhaps complement would have been a better choice. Anyway, like I
> said, no offence meant, we all knew what you meant, but it was kinda
> funny.

Hmmmmmm.

*Takes 'i' key off keyboard and melts it* :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.