GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New Nintendo Console"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 26/09/03 at 19:59
Regular
"8==="
http://special.reserve.co.uk/news/story.php?id=2858

1. It's not April the 1st
2. I want one.
3. *warms up for something he is saying a lot at the moment*:

WAY TO CUT DOWN ON IMPORTS NINTENDO!

Gah!
Mon 29/09/03 at 17:16
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
there is a pic on

http://www.cube-europe.com/index.php#news5461

also a pic of a Red Gamecube - which I want now.
Mon 29/09/03 at 16:09
Regular
Okay the downloading concept isn't all that bad... but really I don't keep going at one game... when it's done I move onto the next.
Mon 29/09/03 at 09:55
Regular
"8==="
Well I was thinking along the lines of 1 person to an Xbox as most of the Live games are 1 player per machine.

It'd be amazing for team games.

But yeah the link-up is a big bonus, I want to take advantage of the PC style gaming offered by the linked up consoles just with my preffered control method of using controllers.
Mon 29/09/03 at 00:23
Regular
2 more Xbox's?
How many friends do you have???

11 gaming friends!
Who needs Xbox live then!?
Just link all the Xbox's into a hub and play 6 on 6.

There is one downer though, you'd need a faster ADSL connection because LIVE recommends atleast 256K upload/download to prevent lag, right?
Sun 28/09/03 at 22:53
Regular
"8==="
If Nintendo release a few more games using LAN then a second Cube will be on the cards aswell.
Sun 28/09/03 at 22:51
Regular
"8==="
True enough. If I can have 2/3 Live accounts down 1 broadband line then I will be getting another Xbox or two for my freinds and me to team up on. It'll be fairly expensive but compared with one of my freinds who has 5 PC's going through a broadband line it'd be cheap and easy! :D

Anyway that's the dream...

On another point: by releasing extra levels halfway between the release of a sequel and the release of the original game publishers can expect players to dig out the games and realise how good they are again and be more open to purchasing the sequel.
Sun 28/09/03 at 22:42
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Strafex wrote:

> Playing 4 player splitscreen across broadband would let me play with
> my friends, and also allow me to use tactics against opponents who
> aren't tracking my every move from their TV screen.

See for me, I wouldn't play with my friends, as none of them have XBoxs, and the hilarity that is 4 player, with games like SSBM, Monkey Ball and CDS is hard to beat with faceless people who speak to me though a cable.
Sun 28/09/03 at 22:35
Regular
Then there's me.

I think paying for a sequel is a bit much for a few extra levels.
And even games that were near perfection the first time, like Goldeneye, there was only so many times I could play Archives and Stack (say a couple of thousand or so) before I wanted something new and fresh and Perfect Dark was far too long a wait.
Downloading free levels is great, especially as it only takes a second.

Also, as much as I love my 4 player splitscreen multiplayer, it has obvious limits. Practically all tactics of stealth and surprise are ruined by the fact that you can see your opponent's screen (sniping loses half it's effect when the target can see that cross hair floating around it's head).
Playing 4 player splitscreen across broadband would let me play with my friends, and also allow me to use tactics against opponents who aren't tracking my every move from their TV screen.

So online play is everything I want, and I'll probably be buying an Xbox as soon as I can afford it! :-)

Broadband other than gaming?
Well, with our lovely wireless network, I can access this anytime I feel like from anywhere in the house, even snuggled up in bed! :-)

I'm a right smug little b*stard, aren't I! ;-D
Sun 28/09/03 at 22:30
Regular
"8==="
Dringo wrote:
> I'm not talking about downloading...

That's a shame because that is part of Xbox live and therfore you cannot entirely dismiss it - as much as you might want to.
>
> I mean the game shouldn't need a download really... extra levels and
> such like... should be saved for a sequel than spending so much time
> improving a game they couldn't get right in the first place.

What about extra levels for a great game that people really like and can't get enough of? 'Should be saved for a sequel'? What if the companies moving on and there WON'T be a sequel?

You are making weak excuses here and you know it.
>
> It's like the GBA connection... when I say it's excellent I don't
> mean from a downloading point of view... that's just something to
> help sell the idea... as is the downloading for X-box live.

When people start sharing their own designed single player levels then Xbox's range will expand into the single player game.

As a
> gaming point of view... playing games online isn't my thing.

But you'd like extra levels for your favourite games no?
>
> Therefore I think X-box live is cr@p...

It's new, as I say when the wealth of single player levels come along it'll support those who are after offline. Don't dismiss it.
>
> Don't take it personally I mean I X-box has far more things
> attracting me than the PS2...
>
> I have all consoles in the house and I've never ever played my
> brothers PS2... my DAd's X-box gets a few plays...
>
> Gamecube all the way for me.

Ah fair enough. I'd like to be all for Nintendo. I bought a GC before I got an Xbox but I like my FPS games so it really was an inevitability.
Sun 28/09/03 at 22:22
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I agree - I'd rather developers concentrated on getting a game right in the first place, but extra levels are cool.

But only if the game (like Splinter Cell) is good enough to bother in the first place.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.