GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PC Classics"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 28/09/03 at 23:30
Regular
Yeah, I've gone a bit mad with the 'classics' threads, but I wanted one for the PC.

So, any old gems you want to share with us?
Sun 26/10/03 at 22:33
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Icarus wrote:
> And no control of bases - probably the worst omission there.
>
> Anyway, how much?

£20, which is a whopping £10 off retail price, and an absolute steal for a new game in excellent condition.

If I don't sell it privately in the next couple of days, it's going on eBay.
Sun 26/10/03 at 22:37
Have they released a demo?
Mon 27/10/03 at 08:10
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Indeed they have:

http://www.ufoaftermath.co.uk/?c=Demo&p=demo
Tue 04/11/03 at 01:01
Damn, it's rather crap. Just selecting what to do instead of the full freedom you had in the XCOM games is just to much of a no no for me.

Now, I have a urge to play the UFO (XCOM games) again; where can I get them? I remember buying a collection from SR a while back, but foolishly sold it again. Anyone?
Tue 04/11/03 at 01:03
Waa, I've just seen it auctioned on eBay for £46, I remember buying ot for £20 and selling it for £10!!!
Tue 04/11/03 at 16:46
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Well, all classics sell well.

An early 80s game in pristine condition could well get you £100.
Wed 11/02/04 at 20:37
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
I know these are only a few years old, but I love the two Baldur's Gate games (Baldurs Gate 1998 and Shadows of Amn 2000/1 Throne of Bhaal exp)
... both complete classics, but as RPGs no-one ever really remembers them... :(
Tue 17/02/04 at 09:59
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Icarus wrote:
> Damn, it's rather crap. Just selecting what to do instead of the full
> freedom you had in the XCOM games is just to much of a no no for me.
>
> Now, I have a urge to play the UFO (XCOM games) again; where can I
> get them? I remember buying a collection from SR a while back, but
> foolishly sold it again. Anyone?

I think some of them may have been relaunched in a budget range recently; as ever, check your local games shop. Damn good games though; I had Interceptor, which I still occasionally play.
Tue 02/03/04 at 01:39
Regular
Die by the Sword!

did anyone play this?

you played a knight, and you had to kill huge monsters, other knights, and orcs and stuff. you could chop their arms and legs off, and when you got smacked with an axe, your character shouted 'BLOODY HELL!'.

high-larious
Mon 12/04/04 at 12:16
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
The best game involving knights was 'Battle Chess'. It was chess with a twist- the moves would knock each other out, shoot each other, explode and fall donw holes when they were taken. Pretty damn good for 1988. :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.