GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New OXM demo disk...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 30/09/03 at 23:14
Regular
Is actually suprisingly worth the price of the magazine.

The demo's are

Rainbow Six 3 - The mutts, only played it a couple of times but it rocks. Online this game will be soooooo sweet.
Dino Crisis 3 - Haven't played, probably won't bother
Voodoo Vince - Another cack handed platform game
Freedom Fighters - Goodish shooty squad game
Tiger Woods 2004 - Golfing excellence
Finding Nemo - No idea
NFL Fever 2004 - No idea
Rolling - Okay Tony Hawks style game, but what's the point? there's so many of these stupid carbon copies around.

Oh and there's the Kola Cell level for Splinter Cell and a view video's and stuff.

It's worth the price alone for the Rainbow Six 3 demo, it rocks. It's the Alcatraz level, mucho like scene from 'The Rock'.
Wed 01/10/03 at 09:37
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Exactly.
Love Splinter Cell, wanted that mission but can't get it fron Live.

So mag owners, how does this work?
Wed 01/10/03 at 10:22
"slightlyshortertagl"
A random guess;

You probably download it off the disc, much like us 'LIVEers' downloaded it off the server.
Wed 01/10/03 at 10:26
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Good.
If it's just running from coverdisk (need that disk in to play it, seperately from Splinter Cell) then I don't think I'll bother.
I'll have a looksee at lunchtime.
Cheers
Wed 01/10/03 at 10:32
Regular
It downloads the file to ya Xbox, then you load up the full game and choose it from the main menu.

The Rainbow Six 3 demo is superb, I have a feeling this might become my favourite Xbox game when I get my hands on the full version.
Wed 01/10/03 at 10:46
Regular
I'm really worried about getting an xbox now because I wont have live for ages (and maybe not at all) and I'm REALLY looking forward to getting rainbow six 3 but I'm concerned that its only good on live? :-S
Wed 01/10/03 at 12:30
Regular
I was expecting to only want to play Rainbow Six 3 online, but after playing the demo and I can gurantee you that the single player is gonna rock muchly.
Wed 01/10/03 at 12:41
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> It downloads the file to ya Xbox, then you load up the full game and
> choose it from the main menu.
>

Might be worth a look - not that I like Splinter Cell that much. Hopefully they do a similar thing with KOTOR when downloadable content becomes available. I can see them holding off to get more Live subscribers though.
Wed 01/10/03 at 12:44
Regular
It's nothing like Splinter Cell, think somehting along the lines of Ghost Recon just more arcadey and a hell of a lot more fun.

Downloadable content is pretty much guranteed, there'll definetly be some levels to get at some point. Hopefully some new guns as well...though the amount of guns available in the demo says to me that we're gonna be spoilt for choice.
Wed 01/10/03 at 15:07
Regular
"Laughingstock"
"Tiger Woods 2004 - Golfing excellence"

Looks fantastic, plays excellently, yet it's a prime example of how EA monopolize and destroy.
Like the FIFA games, any kind of depth and subtlety has been strangled out of it and what is left is nothing but a shallow experience designed to impress the masses.
All this game demands is that the player can flick his wrist. The blatant arcade gameplay degrades it into the realms of pointlessness.
On the surface it's glossy. Below the surface lies a rotting corpse.
A golf game devoid of depth or strategy = a waste of time.
Wed 01/10/03 at 15:29
Regular
I cant wait until I play rainbow six 3, especially the bit just before you enter a door and you say to you men what you want them to do, like:

flash bang + shoot everyone

or

grenade + shoot everyone and there're some others

its so good! :-)

have you participated in this action on the demo "Tilta"?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.