GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How fantastic is skies of Arcadia?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Skies of Arcadia'.
Mon 06/10/03 at 00:18
Regular
Despite naff graphics I am loving this Skies game. Picked it up along with 3 other games (see my £50 in cambridge thread) for a mere £19 and I can't imagine a closer RPG alternative to Zelda. Vast, expansive, encourages exploration and a deep story. In fact as storylines go it moves at a far faster pace than that Wind Waker game.

Great game, feels a bit like Starfox to play (not quite sure why) but of course i mean that in a good way.

If you can find it buy it. You won't regret it. Roll on Skies 2.
Page:
Mon 13/10/03 at 10:42
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
I've pushed the boat out and got a copy of SOAL on eBay for £16.

What's it like memory card wise? Not a monster that wants it's own 251 or something is it?
Thu 09/10/03 at 17:11
"The Will of D."
Well since i have completed the game twice i found that the strategy that i used in end of the first game works even better at the beggining of the second and bejond.
Wed 08/10/03 at 23:18
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Dr Duck wrote:
> Or, guard and use sacrum (or whatever you have) spells every other
> turn

Lol, I need them *every turn*! Anyways guys, cheers for the help, I'll try what you suggested Fox when I play it next.. not in the mood for games tonight. :S
Wed 08/10/03 at 21:04
Regular
Or, guard and use sacrum (or whatever you have) spells every other turn
Wed 08/10/03 at 19:19
"The Will of D."
you use the 3" cannons on both turns before and on the red square on the attacking board, and with somebody else attack him with the main cannons ON the Red Block, [G][G][R][G], you should use one attack using the 3" cannons before the red one and two attacks on the red one witha3" cannon shot continued from the previous one and a main cannon shot as well, at least 1 of these will hit him and make him miss, don't worry when two of them miss.
Wed 08/10/03 at 18:22
Regular
"thursdayton!"
That's what I'm doing!! But you can't survive while getting hit every turn and using up health items which I should be saving until Belleza. The only turn I avoid getting hit on is the one when I hit the Giga with the harpoon cannon.
Wed 08/10/03 at 17:48
"The Will of D."
I wouldn't try to destroy the red gigas, it has infite health in the desert area, just try not to kill and try to survive.
Wed 08/10/03 at 17:19
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I am always hitting the Giga with the cannons, but unless it's with the harpoon cannon it never knocks it off-target :S
Wed 08/10/03 at 17:17
"The Will of D."
I really like the moon gun (or is it cannon) it's really powerful against the really annoying non-story battles, I just like to take it out on the people that try to attack me for no reason.

What connon wasit that you start ut with then, i've forgotten already.
Wed 08/10/03 at 12:42
Regular
"gsybe you!"
You don't get secondary cannons till later.

The final Delphinius combo + Increm on my game is sooo powerful!
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.