GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Star Trek Thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/09/01 at 21:08
Regular
This is a thread for people to state their arguments for or against Star Trek, and generally chat about it!

So lets go!
Wed 19/09/01 at 16:59
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Quick Trekkies, I hear a woman approach!

Run and hide, she'll go away in a minute.

Set your phasers to virgin!
Wed 19/09/01 at 16:02
BORGDRONE wrote:
> Skaterdude182 wrote:
> Trekkys PAH!

Let me return the
> favour...

Skateboarders and Rollerbladers PAH!!!!

Nerds *bursts out in fits of laughter*
Wed 19/09/01 at 01:48
"The pen is mightier"
Let me have a little rant here...

1) I don`t like the idea of Enterprise
2) I don`t like Scott Backula
3) I think the "powers that be" at Paramount should have given some space between Voyager`s end and the new series.
4) All this fever about Enterprise seems to be delaying or pushing to one side the forthcoming Trek movie.
5) To quote someone from another sci-fi franchise: "I`ve got a bad feeling about this..."

I`d call myself quite an ardent Trek fan, but this new series does not endear itself to me. For one thing, its timeline places it before Kirk yet the ship itself looks very much like the Steamrunner class first seen in battle against the Borg in First Contact!. Where is the continuity in designs? it should pre-date Kirk`s original series Enterprise. Also, if this Enterprise exists, why no mention of it in both the 23rd and 24th centuries afterwards? It did not appear in Picards little model ships in his readyroom...

The crew also has a Vulcan on board, yet for years we`ve been told that Spock was the first Vulcan in Starfleet. The pilot episode of Enterprise will also include the first Human/Klingon contact as well, so do we see Klingons the way we did in the Old Series? No, for some reason the producers are using up-to-date looking Klingons - thus making nonsense of the ones that appeared earlier and also making Worf`s awkwardness when quizzed about their differences in the DS9 episode "Trials and Tribulations" completely null and void.

I do like the idea that we get to see familiar technology in its infancy and that it does not always work, but i fear it will also be used as a plot device in too many episodes and will wear thin after a while.

I would like to have seen another jump forward, not backwards. Now its looking like the only thing we can be certain of is that at the end of each episode of Enterprise, Captain Archer will look directly into the camera and issue those immortal words....

"oh boy!"
Wed 19/09/01 at 01:24
"The pen is mightier"
Skaterdude182 wrote:
> Trekkys PAH!

Let me return the favour...

Skateboarders and Rollerbladers PAH!!!!
Mon 17/09/01 at 21:58
Regular
well so is your name but no one goes announcing it do they
Mon 17/09/01 at 09:28
Mystique wrote:
> Enterprise premiers on UPN on september 26th
new promos on
> startrek.com

I saw a trailer on Star Trek night last night. On first impressions having seen the trailer and listened to the producer guy's description, Enterprise looks and sounds S***.
Fri 14/09/01 at 20:14
Regular
Enterprise premiers on UPN on september 26th
new promos on startrek.com
Fri 14/09/01 at 15:39
"I hate that!!!"
Mewtwo wrote:
> donught monster wrote:
> did anyone watch the last episode of
> voyager? I did.

I watched 1/2 but thanks to ITV Digital
> "doing something" I lost all my digital channels for 1 1/2
> and missed the last half. I was compensated with a pathetic 1 a days
> free ITV Digital, 1 ******** day.

1 ******** day. is that all ?

i'd say stuff your compensation i'll move subscription thankyou very much

and then id slam the phone down.
Fri 14/09/01 at 14:47
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I watched the last episode of Voyager. I was slightly disappointed by it.
Fri 14/09/01 at 13:10
donught monster wrote:
> did anyone watch the last episode of voyager? I did.

I watched 1/2 but thanks to ITV Digital "doing something" I lost all my digital channels for 1 1/2 and missed the last half. I was compensated with a pathetic 1 a days free ITV Digital, 1 ******** day.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.