GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Got a couple of games :D"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/10/03 at 18:50
Regular
I got a couple of games yesterday :D and I thought I'd share my views on them:

Morrowind:
Kind of frustrating at times because its so damn slow and the damn loading time after you die/revert to last save is so long I almost had time to go for a sheet...... but the whole pikey thing is genius like: in this armor shop this guy serving me wouldn't let me have a real good bow for 1 gold ;) so I shot him with my crappy bow and grabbed something like a pikey and did a runner :D its pretty good fighting but when you keep missing its annoying but smacking a guard around the face with a axe then running is hilarious. has its good and bad points and its a ok game.

Phantom crash:
pretty darn fun I like machine guns and then hold down the back trigger button(s) and pump some lead :) the only bad thing is the absolute crap they talk and the amount of reading you have to do before you start, tis very fun mix of anime and heavily armed robots. Does get repetitive sometimes with all you do is shoot and read but is fun in short bursts. good game.

Just thought I'd share my point of view :)
Tue 21/10/03 at 22:20
Regular
"Remember me?"
The Josh wrote:
> This is getting kind of tiresome now. Its obvious you both don't like
> other peoples opinions.

They love each other really. :D
Regular
Night people.
Regular
When have I had a problem with his opinion? He is the one shooting anal wounds as soon as someone says a game that he likes is average at best.
Tue 21/10/03 at 22:19
Regular
"8==="
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Freedom Fighters, press one button (or hold it) and player does what
> you want.

I don't remember being able to order them allover the map using the map screen but perhaps I just missed that bit.
>
> Ghost Recon, by the time you actually get to place your team where
> you want at least one of them has been shot dead and whilst one of
> them is getting shot the others just stand there looking forward.
>
> ...

What can I say? You obviously weren't very good at the game.

I would suggest backing off into some cover and re-evaluating your tactics/approach.

Clearly your strategy, whatever it was, was beaten by the AI.
Tue 21/10/03 at 22:18
Regular
This is getting kind of tiresome now. Its obvious you both don't like other peoples opinions.
Tue 21/10/03 at 22:16
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:

> The PC version of Ghost Recon is actually better than the Xbox
> version (minus the control pad) and I have played that more since
> (got it free with a laptop) and its just boring from stat to finish.
Tue 21/10/03 at 22:15
Regular
"8==="
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> 8 consoles? Ahh right make that about 10 consoles for me then but I
> thought I wouldn't be a pedantic sod.

Why not? Afterall you clearly write off a game for a few minor quirks.
>
> Why should I put up with average games when I can go else where and
> get something better and with less errors?

See they are average to you because as I have explained you have this 'perfectionist, and slightly anal approach' to your selection of games. To others these games are bloody good, probably because we're playing the games and enjoying them rather than fussing over a few minor quirks.
Tue 21/10/03 at 22:14
Regular
Freedom Fighters, press one button (or hold it) and player does what you want.

Ghost Recon, by the time you actually get to place your team where you want at least one of them has been shot dead and whilst one of them is getting shot the others just stand there looking forward.

Tue 21/10/03 at 22:14
Regular
Far too involved and boring.

They take realism too a level that makes the games dull and unintresting. I don't know about you lot, but I'd sooner shove kebab skewers up my japseye than sit around all day plotting way points and all the other crap that comes in Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six games.
Tue 21/10/03 at 22:11
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Tom Clancy game usually fall down at the first hurdle of being far too
> anal.

What do you mean by that? :S

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.