GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Moderators - What Can You Do?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 02/03/07 at 10:07
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
Good Morning All!

Moderators and non Moderators alike, lend me your ears! (or eyes in this case!) With all the recent stress and aggravation caused by the JA's, we at Freeola are wishing to know exactly what:

A) Moderators - what would you like to be able to do, to be able to perform your jobs more effectively?

B) Regulars and chatters - What would you like to see Moderators able to do, to be able to help protect the forums from spammers and abusive users? Or do you think they currently have enough power?

Once we know exactly what you want to be able to do on here, without having to worry about alerting us staffies all the time, (although we should always be lurking to take action) we should be able to make this a better place to be.
Fri 02/03/07 at 10:32
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Bullett wrote:
> Whatever you do, don't give moderators access to the ban button.

I disagree, i think we should be allowed to ban those who abuse the forum. Main reason is there is always a mod about more then the staff. So if someone started spamming the place. Instead of just deleting there posts one after the other you can just ban the person doing it. If this is abused by any moderator then they can easily have there moderator position ended. Though maybe just have one or 2 reliable people from each section to be able to ban.

> I can guarantee it'd get abused.

Yeah it could very well get abused. However i think we have a reasonable selection of mods.
Fri 02/03/07 at 10:24
Regular
In my forum;

Edit posts
Delete posts
Edit threads
Delete threads
Move threads to other forums
Sticky threads
Bar JATs
Bar Newbies
Bar Regulars
Recommend a thread I think is worthy for a GAD

----

In other forums

Delete posts (giving reasons if you want)
Delete threads (giving reasons if you want)
Fri 02/03/07 at 10:21
Regular
Whatever you do, don't give moderators access to the ban button.

I can guarantee it'd get abused.

Maybe give them the ability to lock posts for a staffie to check out and take necessary action. Do it, though, on a system where a set number of mods have to vote to lock it, to avoid someone going on a locking spree.

You could use the same system for limiting an individual user's posting rights, although all action taken by the mods would be subject to a Staffie's final word as it were, so if it's a case of power abusal, you can return the rights to that user and maybe penalise the mods responsible for the unfair muting.

Just some suggestions.
Fri 02/03/07 at 10:07
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
Good Morning All!

Moderators and non Moderators alike, lend me your ears! (or eyes in this case!) With all the recent stress and aggravation caused by the JA's, we at Freeola are wishing to know exactly what:

A) Moderators - what would you like to be able to do, to be able to perform your jobs more effectively?

B) Regulars and chatters - What would you like to see Moderators able to do, to be able to help protect the forums from spammers and abusive users? Or do you think they currently have enough power?

Once we know exactly what you want to be able to do on here, without having to worry about alerting us staffies all the time, (although we should always be lurking to take action) we should be able to make this a better place to be.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.