GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"We have once again, failed"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 28/10/03 at 20:01
Regular
"es argh"
http://special.reserve.co.uk/news/story.php?id=2896

BAH!

We keep saying "It wont be long until they buy the better game"

But it's been so long, bah stupid stupid people spending MORE on a much crapper game.

*Angry face*

*Plays PES3 at night with it raining* Wow, thats 2 things FIFA hasnt got and people have still bought the game.

Knobcheeses

Ah well, lets hope they come to their senses and start to convert to the good side before Christmas
Thu 30/10/03 at 11:48
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
So what your saying is Fifa is better because it's online in a long winded fashion?
Thu 30/10/03 at 11:43
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
Right, i think it's about time i put my point across in the argument between Crazy! and Badgerman.

Fact is, online play is amazing, SOCOM and Halo (PC) are just so much better than PES3 in my opinion, and that's because the makers of these games weren't lazy like Konami have been. Everyone has a go at EA for going out year by year and buying the FIFA license, but i think that's what Konami have tried to achieve this year. There's no doubt that PES games are great, but like FIFA games, there is minimal improvement year-by-year. This year, Konami has made the slightest improvement on the graphics engine, bought a few club team licenses and put Collina on the game cover. As for sorting out the main problems, they've avoided that and added these along with other stuff, such as the "i never work" hand ball and advantage rules. Konami needed to sort out the tackling, it's still so poor. Slide someone, win the ball fair and square, player falls on his face, red card. As for the Master League, as good as always, and visit my master league walkthrough at www.ukwalkthroughs.com :D FIFA, however, have gone out of there way to put 2004 online, which is also meant to be the dogs.

There, i have sided with FIFA although i haven't even played the game, but that's only because of Konami's very lazy effort towards PES3. Pro Evo, great game, but still so many flaws...
Thu 30/10/03 at 11:31
" Crazy!"
Badgerman wrote:
> The craziest Col! wrote:
>
> Having the gameplay isn't all what a game is about. If it has extras
> like Online play then, quite frankly, it annihilates the rest.
>
> So you'd rather play, lets say... a wall painting game than PES3
> alone?
>
> Fool, online play anihalates the rest?
>
> Well I hope the fools that bought FIFA (and not PES) don't play as
> well as they purchase, otherwise online play would be very, very
> crappy

No, people are dumn but not idiots.

If they want wall painting they buy a Eye toy and use wishi washi instead.

hell, I reckon if they put the eyetoy online you'ld say the same.
Thu 30/10/03 at 11:24
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
Badgerman, online play's the tats. SOCOM rules, but as i haven't even played FIFA yet, let alone online, i'm not going to comment. As Crazy! said earlier, the list of upcoming online games is quality, DDA, THUG and SSX3 all look amazing.
Thu 30/10/03 at 11:21
Regular
"es argh"
The craziest Col! wrote:

> Having the gameplay isn't all what a game is about. If it has extras
> like Online play then, quite frankly, it annihilates the rest.

So you'd rather play, lets say... a wall painting game than PES3 alone?

Fool, online play anihalates the rest?

Well I hope the fools that bought FIFA (and not PES) don't play as well as they purchase, otherwise online play would be very, very crappy
Wed 29/10/03 at 21:27
" Crazy!"
natbuc wrote: But just because it's not as good doesn't mean it's crap

Exactly what I was trying to get across, well along the same lines.

I don't see how Neo can have such bad feelings for Fifa, maybe if he had played the game for more than say 30 mins.
Wed 29/10/03 at 20:49
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
bUt Pesse£23343 iz rubishz!11111! one
Wed 29/10/03 at 20:40
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Can't you guys agree to disagree

Right Crazy likes FIFA because it is online and PES3 is not.

Badgerman likes PES3 because to him it recreates the beautiful game better than FIFA.
Wed 29/10/03 at 20:38
Regular
"  "
I think it's very silly to slate either game. PES3 is in my opininion is the best PS2 game out there. It's hardly surprising then that FIFA isn't going to be as good. But just because it's not as good doesn't mean it's crap. I took it to play with a few mates. At first they said that it was a little slow and genrally not very good, but after a while they realised that it's actaully a total different game, and once you are over the differences in gameplay, FIFA is a very enjoyable game. We all agreed that PES is now becoming slightly more arcadey, where as FIFA is now leaning into the gritty realism. Shootings a bit off in FIFA, but the fact it has real teams, great presentation, online play, and enjoyable gameplay, means that it is one of the best sports games on PS2, just not quite PES3. WE7 is still better than both though.
Wed 29/10/03 at 19:46
" Crazy!"
Oh, I'm a fanboy?

Simply because I paid £30 for a network adapter in order to play online games. If you ask me if I didn't play it online, it wouldn't of been worth the £30 I paid out.

We'll see if you are so negative about online play once games like; SSX 3, medal of honor, Destruction Derby, Final Fantasy XI, Tony Hawks underground and more, e.g. need for speed, Socom 2, Hardware, tribes aerial assault, and not forgetting Gran Tourismo 4 come out. Then we'll se eif Online play is for fanboys or for people who are lucky.

Having the gameplay isn't all what a game is about. If it has extras like Online play then, quite frankly, it annihilates the rest.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.