GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GAMECUBE OWNERS, HEAR ME OUT!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 30/10/03 at 17:49
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
I am an extremely loyal gamecube owner and am appalled at PS2 and X-Box owners for saying our console is rubbish. I really enjoy playing my Gamecube and I feel it is really underestimated. Most people who insult Gamecube's have never even played one, and I know that those who have have enjoyed doing so. The good people at Special Reserve will agree with me that the console is not to be overlooked, especially as the price is dropping dramatically. But, however loyal I am, I am worried that my beloved console is becoming a little bit pointless in the eyes of the public, and that it is not good enough to battle alongside PS2 and X-Box.
Many people believe that the Gamecube is only for little kids, and that all Nintendo consoles are. The company are often referred to as "Ninty" and this just seems ridiculous to me. Yes, there are a lot of children's games and yes, Nintendo have their own line of characters, most of which are aimed more at young people. But, are we forgetting the games for older people that are available to all the consoles? By this, I mean ALL THE CONSOLES, not all of them except the Gamecube. We have Resident Evil, Splinter Cell. In fact, we have Soul Calibur 2, do all of you PS2 and X-Box owners have that? NO!
Gamecube owners, post a message here telling the other console owners just what you think! Tell them why you love your Gamecube, and let us see how many people we can get onto our side. Do it for the Gamecube!
Tue 13/04/04 at 18:55
"period drama"
True enough, but it's the chair that puts me off.
I mean, you've never got a nice chair infront of the computer.
Mon 12/04/04 at 19:21
Regular
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> I've never liked PC gaming.
> It just doesn't feel right for me - soon enough consoles will come up
> to level on the graphics side of things

PCs aren't better unless you can afford to keep upgrading or replace your PC to top spec each time a new upgrade is created.
Sun 11/04/04 at 20:25
Regular
"rock kickin!"
does any one have any cheats on super smash bros.?
Sun 11/04/04 at 18:02
Regular
I find that it's alright for older games, and real time strategies.
Sun 11/04/04 at 15:13
"period drama"
I've never liked PC gaming.
It just doesn't feel right for me - soon enough consoles will come up to level on the graphics side of things ... and Live is great for online stuff. So meh.
Sun 11/04/04 at 12:51
Regular
GameCube + PS2 + Xbox + PC + GBA SP = ideal combination.

Shame I'm skint now...
Thu 08/04/04 at 19:27
Regular
"Really big shoes"
Pringle28 wrote:
> Im a gamecube kinda guy. This crimbo i was swaying towards getting a
> PS2 for the dvd novelty but instead my parents bought me a PC! I now
> have a PC and a GC in my room and this allowes me to play almost
> every game. Gamecube exclusives never make it to PC but xbox and ps2
> games normally find there way on to the PC market.
>
> I now have the best of both worlds! all the good gamecube games
> (which in my opinion are Skies of Arcadia, Soul Calibur two, F
> zero,SSBM, Resi remake and Zelda) whilst playing the likes of Halo,
> GtA vice city, GTA 3, knights of the old republic and morrowind.
> These games were all exclusive to xbox or ps2 at some stage with the
> exception of morrowind (which was designed for PC and then got
> released on xbox.).
>
> personally i think the perfect partnership is:
>
> GC + PC = all great gaming titles from all formats

Ditto that except the best games.

SC2, F-Zero, LoZWW MK:DD SSBM
Wed 07/04/04 at 20:37
Regular
"rock kickin!"
any one who laiks da cube is my frind any day!
Tue 06/04/04 at 15:16
Regular
"Anyone Got A Pizza"
I love gc and all the other consoles, but i don't care about the make of the consoles as long as the games are good I'll play on it. But I do have a soft spot for gamecube
Mon 22/03/04 at 22:14
"Born of the Earth!"
Gamecube really is the best.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.