GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GAMECUBE OWNERS, HEAR ME OUT!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 30/10/03 at 17:49
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
I am an extremely loyal gamecube owner and am appalled at PS2 and X-Box owners for saying our console is rubbish. I really enjoy playing my Gamecube and I feel it is really underestimated. Most people who insult Gamecube's have never even played one, and I know that those who have have enjoyed doing so. The good people at Special Reserve will agree with me that the console is not to be overlooked, especially as the price is dropping dramatically. But, however loyal I am, I am worried that my beloved console is becoming a little bit pointless in the eyes of the public, and that it is not good enough to battle alongside PS2 and X-Box.
Many people believe that the Gamecube is only for little kids, and that all Nintendo consoles are. The company are often referred to as "Ninty" and this just seems ridiculous to me. Yes, there are a lot of children's games and yes, Nintendo have their own line of characters, most of which are aimed more at young people. But, are we forgetting the games for older people that are available to all the consoles? By this, I mean ALL THE CONSOLES, not all of them except the Gamecube. We have Resident Evil, Splinter Cell. In fact, we have Soul Calibur 2, do all of you PS2 and X-Box owners have that? NO!
Gamecube owners, post a message here telling the other console owners just what you think! Tell them why you love your Gamecube, and let us see how many people we can get onto our side. Do it for the Gamecube!
Thu 30/10/03 at 21:55
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
the_aoe_slaught  wrote:
> Was he being serious when he said that?

He seemed it... :D
Thu 30/10/03 at 20:59
Regular
"\\"
*Highly Excitable* wrote:
> We have Resident Evil, Splinter Cell. In fact,
> we have Soul Calibur 2, do all of you PS2 and X-Box owners have that?
> NO!

Truly hilarious as you can play ALL* of them games on the PS2 and Splinter Cell was originally for x-box and it has soul calibur 2.

Was he being serious when he said that?

*If you take Res Evil for psone and put it in PS2 it works :D
Thu 30/10/03 at 20:49
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
Heh. :D I bet he feels stupid now. :P

Oh yeah. And I'm an X-Box owner but I don't think the Gamecube is rubbish. In fact, I've been thinking of buying one recently... The console at £100 from SR with 5 games is not at all bad... :) Especially when those games include Zelda OOT, MM and also Mario Kart: Double Dash.
Thu 30/10/03 at 17:53
Regular
and soul caliber 2 IS available on xbox and ps2
Thu 30/10/03 at 17:52
Regular
eejit.

i own an xbox, ps2 and n64, have never played on a gamecube, but think they are pretty good. however, of the three modern generation consoles, I prefer the microsoft machine.
Thu 30/10/03 at 17:49
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
I am an extremely loyal gamecube owner and am appalled at PS2 and X-Box owners for saying our console is rubbish. I really enjoy playing my Gamecube and I feel it is really underestimated. Most people who insult Gamecube's have never even played one, and I know that those who have have enjoyed doing so. The good people at Special Reserve will agree with me that the console is not to be overlooked, especially as the price is dropping dramatically. But, however loyal I am, I am worried that my beloved console is becoming a little bit pointless in the eyes of the public, and that it is not good enough to battle alongside PS2 and X-Box.
Many people believe that the Gamecube is only for little kids, and that all Nintendo consoles are. The company are often referred to as "Ninty" and this just seems ridiculous to me. Yes, there are a lot of children's games and yes, Nintendo have their own line of characters, most of which are aimed more at young people. But, are we forgetting the games for older people that are available to all the consoles? By this, I mean ALL THE CONSOLES, not all of them except the Gamecube. We have Resident Evil, Splinter Cell. In fact, we have Soul Calibur 2, do all of you PS2 and X-Box owners have that? NO!
Gamecube owners, post a message here telling the other console owners just what you think! Tell them why you love your Gamecube, and let us see how many people we can get onto our side. Do it for the Gamecube!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.