GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GAMECUBE OWNERS, HEAR ME OUT!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 30/10/03 at 17:49
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
I am an extremely loyal gamecube owner and am appalled at PS2 and X-Box owners for saying our console is rubbish. I really enjoy playing my Gamecube and I feel it is really underestimated. Most people who insult Gamecube's have never even played one, and I know that those who have have enjoyed doing so. The good people at Special Reserve will agree with me that the console is not to be overlooked, especially as the price is dropping dramatically. But, however loyal I am, I am worried that my beloved console is becoming a little bit pointless in the eyes of the public, and that it is not good enough to battle alongside PS2 and X-Box.
Many people believe that the Gamecube is only for little kids, and that all Nintendo consoles are. The company are often referred to as "Ninty" and this just seems ridiculous to me. Yes, there are a lot of children's games and yes, Nintendo have their own line of characters, most of which are aimed more at young people. But, are we forgetting the games for older people that are available to all the consoles? By this, I mean ALL THE CONSOLES, not all of them except the Gamecube. We have Resident Evil, Splinter Cell. In fact, we have Soul Calibur 2, do all of you PS2 and X-Box owners have that? NO!
Gamecube owners, post a message here telling the other console owners just what you think! Tell them why you love your Gamecube, and let us see how many people we can get onto our side. Do it for the Gamecube!
Mon 22/12/03 at 17:54
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Ah, but either one is cheaper, and both are better respectvely.

So da-da!
Sun 21/12/03 at 15:23
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
Cyclone wrote:
> GC + XBOX = PS2 totally redundant and worthless.

I agree, those 2 consoles together are better than a PS2.

> And both are cheaper, faster, better and much more fun.

Together they are actually considerably more expensive than a PS2.

> GC rules all.

When bought with an x-box! LOL. ;-P
Sat 20/12/03 at 23:21
Regular
Cyclone wrote:
> GC + XBOX = PS2 totally redundant and worthless.
>
> And both are cheaper, faster, better and much more fun.
>
> GC rules all.

Fri 19/12/03 at 17:30
Regular
"gsybe you!"
GC + XBOX = PS2 totally redundant and worthless.

And both are cheaper, faster, better and much more fun.

GC rules all.
Fri 19/12/03 at 17:22
Regular
Magician wrote:
> It all depends on how old you are cos if your about 7 then you would
> get a GC because it has alot of babyish games, and if you were about
> 14 you would get a PS2 or Xbox which has alot of hard challenging
> games so if you think people are calling GC crap you may be right,
> you may be wrong but i used to have a GC about 2 weeks ago and now
> xmas is coming soon i have changed it for a PS2 as there are no
> decent games coming out for xmas, i used to be called Gamecubeguy but
> now i might change it to PS2boy( do you want me autograph )!

How the hell you made a whole paragraph into one sentence I don't know. I'm glad I didn't read it aloud to myself - I would have collapsed.

What you said is utter balls.

"It all depends on how old you are"

No it doesn't. It all depends on what games you're after.

"cos if your about 7 then you would get a GC because it has alot of babyish games,"

Like these then?: Ratchet & Clank, Spyro, Jak II, Scooby Doo, Harry Potter 1 & 2, Rugrats, Crash Nitro Kart, Yu-gi-oh, Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex, etc, etc. Oh sorry, I was listing the 'babyish' games for Playstation 2 there. I'm terribly sorry.

My point being, there's just as many, if not more, games aimed for children. You've just got your head somewhere dark and sticky if you can't see that.

"and if you were about
> games "

Like these then?: Resident Evil Zero, Resident Evil, Eternal Darkness, Metroid Prime, Super Monkey Ball 1 & 2, Phantasy Star Online Episode I&II, Soul Calibur 2, Pikmin, etc. Oh sorry, I was listing the 'hard challenging games' I've played for GameCube.

My point being there's just as many games which are extremely challenging on the GameCube. You've just got your head somewhere dark and sticky if you can't see that.

"so if you think people are calling GC crap you may be right"

Sure, you may be right in that its your own opinion, just as it is my opinion that the Playstation 2 is crap. But I have a valid reason as to why whereas so far, all I have read is tripe from you.

" you may be wrong but i used to have a GC about 2 weeks ago and now
> decent games coming out for xmas,"

The only major release on all formats last week was "The Sims: Bustin Out", and that is pants. Its the same situation for GameCube as it is Xbox and Playstation 2.

"i used to be called Gamecubeguy but
> now i might change it to PS2boy( do you want me autograph )!"

No.
Fri 19/12/03 at 16:09
Regular
leflus wrote:
> The gamecube is not just a toy!!!!!

I agree, it makes a super potty for the toddler down the road...
Fri 19/12/03 at 13:15
Regular
Cant any of you understand that the 'cube has many good games.
Games like eternal darkness, metroid prime, resident evil, zelda and viewtiful joe.
The gamecube is not just a toy!!!!!
It is the best console ever!!!!!
Wed 17/12/03 at 16:45
Regular
I've got a PS2, an Xbox and a Gamecube, the one I like least is the PS2.

The PS2 is technically the worst, but has by far the best single player games, in my opinion. I'd much rather play Devil May Cry than Mario Sunshine, I've got Mario, just didnt find it interesting at all.

The Xbox is by far the best console for online play, I love Xbox Live ot death, it seriously rules :D

The Gamecube is a solid console, and if you don't mind the nintendo comic graphics philosophy so that they don't need to push the hardware very hard to get complex effects, then I suppose you shouldn't have any problems with it.

The best game on this generation of hardware for me is Halo. The 2nd best, probably MGS2. For single player experiences anyway/

The Gamecube just doesn't have any games worth buying, worth giving effort too to get any sort of personal achievment from. Mario is frustratingly annoying and it's all to do with camera manipulation and lining up jumps properly, more fighting with the game engine than actually enjoying the game.

Mario Kart was good, for the two days it lasted.

In short the Gamecube doesn't have anything to make it worthy as a signle choice console, i is worth having as a cheap toy to sit alongside my serious gaming machines :D
Tue 16/12/03 at 22:44
Regular
Magician wrote:
> It all depends on how old you are cos if your about 7 then you would
> get a GC because it has alot of babyish games, and if you were about
> games so if you think people are calling GC crap you may be right,
> you may be wrong but i used to have a GC about 2 weeks ago and now
> decent games coming out for xmas, i used to be called Gamecubeguy but
> now i might change it to PS2boy( do you want me autograph )!

If you are think that the gamecube are for small kids you should really check which games the 'cube has.
It is not for just small kids and it is important that people will understand that.
Tue 16/12/03 at 16:04
Regular
": ("
It all depends on how old you are cos if your about 7 then you would get a GC because it has alot of babyish games, and if you were about 14 you would get a PS2 or Xbox which has alot of hard challenging games so if you think people are calling GC crap you may be right, you may be wrong but i used to have a GC about 2 weeks ago and now xmas is coming soon i have changed it for a PS2 as there are no decent games coming out for xmas, i used to be called Gamecubeguy but now i might change it to PS2boy( do you want me autograph )!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.