GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What is wrong with the staff in GAME??"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 30/10/03 at 20:17
Regular
"Conker the King"
Was in GAME today and overheard this conversation between a mum, her kid and the 'drip' member of staff.

Mum - "I want to get a GBA for my son, which game is best"?
Drip - "What sort of game do you want"?
Mum - "I thought computer games were for boys".
Drip - "My future wife loves watching me play". (dump him now love)!
Mum - "Its for my son"
Drip (to son) - "How old are you"?
Son (looking horrified) - "Ten"
Drip - "Oh, you're the ideal age. You are who Nintendo aim their games at"!
Mum - "Oh thats good"
Me - Thumps drip, walks off, boycotts GAME for another month!
Thu 30/10/03 at 23:49
Regular
Its how I talk to people face to face and everyone just laughs because I am constantly calling people c*ck jockeys and generally taking the wee wee out of people. Of course its all in the name of fun and everyone who knows me knows not to take things seriously. On here its clearly different.
Thu 30/10/03 at 23:45
Regular
"bit of a brain"
My problem is you causing all manner of pointless arguments all over the place, because you don't think about what you type before you type it.
Thu 30/10/03 at 23:44
Regular
You insulted me, I insulted you. Whats your problem then?
Thu 30/10/03 at 23:44
Regular
Personally, I have nothing but good things to say about my local GAME staff. They give me and my friends freebies from time to time, are willing to negotiate deals, and actually know what they're talking about. Whatsmore, they're completely unbiased, very talkative and (unlike Ali here) prefer to focus on the positive side of gaming and life.
Thu 30/10/03 at 23:43
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Generally when you insult people they will insult you back.
Some people take it further than others, some people just shake it off.
And then there are those who just won't let it go.
Thu 30/10/03 at 23:40
Regular
Maybe. To be honest I don't think anything of what I say until someone replies with some stupidly long argument which shouldn't have occured in the first place. Doesn't really bother me but it obviously bothers others.
Thu 30/10/03 at 23:36
Regular
"bit of a brain"
it's very diffcult to express sarcasm subtly in writing.
Smilies are there to show that people are joking, and that everything they say is in good humour.
Maybe the reason you've gotten into so many arguments, mainly with Dringo, is because you intend a comment to be light humour, but it isn't clear, and people think you are insulting them.
Thu 30/10/03 at 23:34
Regular
There is nothing to waste your time over because to be honest you are making a big thing over something small. Most people put a smilie or something at the end of their posts and no one says anything about what they have just said regardless of what they address.
Thu 30/10/03 at 23:31
Regular
"bit of a brain"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Thats because people don't know me. Just by slapping a smilie onto
> something doesn't immediately change what the person was trying to
> say.

what?
Thu 30/10/03 at 23:30
Regular
"bit of a brain"
if you can't see it then I'm wasting my time anyway.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.