GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What is wrong with the staff in GAME??"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 30/10/03 at 20:17
Regular
"Conker the King"
Was in GAME today and overheard this conversation between a mum, her kid and the 'drip' member of staff.

Mum - "I want to get a GBA for my son, which game is best"?
Drip - "What sort of game do you want"?
Mum - "I thought computer games were for boys".
Drip - "My future wife loves watching me play". (dump him now love)!
Mum - "Its for my son"
Drip (to son) - "How old are you"?
Son (looking horrified) - "Ten"
Drip - "Oh, you're the ideal age. You are who Nintendo aim their games at"!
Mum - "Oh thats good"
Me - Thumps drip, walks off, boycotts GAME for another month!
Fri 31/10/03 at 16:48
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Time_Warp wrote:
> My local GAME staff are pretty much the same as this. They all love
> the Xbox and hate the Cube. When my friend bought a Cube game they
> went "oh a nintendo fan eh?" and pretended to shoot him
> with his gun....which was actually his hand. Oh Dear.

i don't know about anyone else but i'd have simply held my wallet infront of his face, closed it and walked out. it the staff are going to be patronising and ignorant then they don't deserve the business. It's like they all want to be Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons :-\
Fri 31/10/03 at 16:10
Regular
"Sal Paradise"
My local GAME staff are pretty much the same as this. They all love the Xbox and hate the Cube. When my friend bought a Cube game they went "oh a nintendo fan eh?" and pretended to shoot him with his gun....which was actually his hand. Oh Dear.

And go Gerrod and Chris...woo! (:)
Fri 31/10/03 at 15:20
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
I look through this thread, and all I can see is a large group of people who care too much.

Who cares if a GAME employee said Nintendo is for kids? It's a console for God's sake, it doesn't have feelings. If you buy the games and enjoy them, what the hell does it matter if someone doesn't agree with you?

Ali - cares too much to bother posting "this is crap/done before", or whatever, then argue about it.

The original poster - cares too much for worrying about what someone said to someone else, hell, he wasn't even talking to you. "Eavesdropping".

Me - cares too much for posting this, but you get the point.
Fri 31/10/03 at 15:04
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
For all the people laughing at how GAME brand Ninty as the kids choice, a few months back, I was inquiring as to some GC games in Special Reserve, Egham, and the guy behind the counter came out with:

SR "So, this is for your kid, right?"
Me *looks at 21 year old girlfriend* "No, it's for me"
SR "Oh..."
Girlfriend *snigger*
Fri 31/10/03 at 13:09
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I make a point of putting the best games in the GC racks in front of the rubbish ones, and moving thigns around to increase its prominence.

The two who work most in my nearest one are XBox fanboys - totaly biased without any consideration.

Grrr. I wa splaying Otogi and one came over and ranted about it, and I got bored so I went to play F-Zero, and he totaly ignored me.
Fri 31/10/03 at 11:46
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
SnipeŽ wrote:
> Just go in and buy or look don't ever ask them anything.. if i worked
> there i would probably be more intelligent than most of them :D

Unfortunately, this is kinda true. An incredibly large number of GAME employees are indeed completely useless.

However, i'm in the very fortunate position that my store and my store alone (i've been sent out working in around 6 other local stores) DOES not fall into your "average GAME store" catagory.

Everyone is well informed on the things they need to know (we ARE offering a service after all), approachable, and everything else that goes against your regular GAME employee.

The only conclusion i've come to is that because my store is in a highly popular area, and therefore generates one of the highest amounts of profit out of all 400-something stores, any staff who don't cut it are soon sent packing, and a replacement bought in.

Seriously guys, fair point generally, but DON'T tar everyone with the same brush, I assure you there are some of us out there who go against the GAME trend.
Fri 31/10/03 at 10:59
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Maverick42 wrote:
> I don't see the problem with having friends on SR.

me either... who coming to the pub? :)
Fri 31/10/03 at 00:21
Regular
"bit of a brain"
If he doesn't reply in the nest 30 mins, you call the police, I'll call the morgue.
Fri 31/10/03 at 00:14
Regular
I don't see the problem with having friends on SR. It IS a community after all.
Fri 31/10/03 at 00:14
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Then join another forums and see if you prefer it there.
That's what a lot of people do when they get bored.

A fresh start.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.