GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What is wrong with the staff in GAME??"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 30/10/03 at 20:17
Regular
"Conker the King"
Was in GAME today and overheard this conversation between a mum, her kid and the 'drip' member of staff.

Mum - "I want to get a GBA for my son, which game is best"?
Drip - "What sort of game do you want"?
Mum - "I thought computer games were for boys".
Drip - "My future wife loves watching me play". (dump him now love)!
Mum - "Its for my son"
Drip (to son) - "How old are you"?
Son (looking horrified) - "Ten"
Drip - "Oh, you're the ideal age. You are who Nintendo aim their games at"!
Mum - "Oh thats good"
Me - Thumps drip, walks off, boycotts GAME for another month!
Sat 01/11/03 at 20:54
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
The Mario Kart pod in the main GAME store in Glasgow (the Buchanan Street one - and I know quite a few people on SR that go to that one), is the first pod they've had in their since the Gamecube's launch.

Another GAME I know (Braehead) had a Super Mario Sunshine pod, but that's been the only one for it as well. I don't know yet if they've got a Mario Kart one yet in there, but they probably do.

It's good Nintendo are trying to advertise more - finally they're realising what it can do for you. Hopefully with a full-flowing multi-million pound/dollar/yen advertisement project behind the N5, Nintendo will get back into the swing of things. Which would be nice.
Sat 01/11/03 at 19:27
Regular
As I've said previously, I know that Nintendo have apologised to Game about the lack of titles for the GameCube.

Nintendo want to stay in their good books, and vice versa. After all, despite them not being the biggest selling, there's still a lot of profit to be made
Sat 01/11/03 at 19:10
Regular
Game and Nintendo are now working together if you hadn't realized.

Mario Kart booths have appeared over the country, special "GAME member" prices have appeared, loads of pre-order deals with special edition cases for Mario Kart, demo discs for Rebel strike pre-orders and Viewtiful Joe demo's sent out.... in this month alone.

Nintendo also plan to work with GAME for possible advertisement promotions.

On the other hand it is still cheaper to get stuff from SR... I go for the pre-order deals at GAME and then go and get the game elsewhere such as here.
Sat 01/11/03 at 18:55
Regular
Two of my local stores don't compare to the other. The other is the best store for games in Cardiff.

SR - games make a fortune for shops in Cardiff - atleast think about investing in a new store in the land of Cymru.
Fri 31/10/03 at 22:38
Regular
Belldandy wrote:
> GAME stores suck

No they don't. Yours might, but not necessarily the others.
Fri 31/10/03 at 21:51
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
GAME staff in Nottingham Broadbmarsh worship Sony, I bet they have little altar in the staff room.

Last Christmas one of them was talking to these parents and they said they wanted and Xbox and a PS2 so both their kids would have different consoles to play and could play each others. But they ended up being sold two PS2's instead - I believe one comment the GAME person made was "this time next year no one will want an Xbox anyway".

GAME stores suck, online, they don't.

Gamestation in Notts is great, no complaints, and every time I've been to SR Notts the staff seem to see serving people as an inconvenience, though that was nearly a year ago...
Fri 31/10/03 at 21:02
Regular
I don't want to be accused of advertising - so this is my disclaimer:

I don't take responsability for my message.

End.

In ONE of my local Game stores, there are a couple staff members who know about the games. Not about all of them, but about the majority of them. Obviously I don't expect ANYONE to read games magazines 24/7 and play every single game that's ever been released for the current consoles, that would just be retarded.

One member of staff in particular I have long chats with when I do pop in - he knows his stuff and although prefers the Cube and Box over the Playstation 2, he seems more than happy enough to sell the Playstation 2 - as at the end of the day, if that's what the customer wants, that's what the customer wants. No point in trying the change their minds.

Most of the other members of staff admit they don't play the games so much, but they have no problem in answering queries because they hear things from the other members of staff and therefore have some knowledge.

I would comment on SR staff, but I've never met any, so therefore I can't. Gamestation staff are trained to ignore customers (I know, for I was one once) and the manager in my local Gamestation spends most of his time up in the store room playing with himself. He claims "playing with myself" is code for "playing on the PS2", but we all know otherwise. My local Software Store staff I haven't really talked to, but when I've bought retro stuff from them, they've shown excellent customer service and were very friendly.

In every chain you're gonna get retards and knowledgeable staff - its the way business work. It's actually law that a certain percentage of nobs must be employed within every company.
Fri 31/10/03 at 17:28
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Serves y'all right for shopping in GAME.

:-)
Fri 31/10/03 at 17:24
Regular
As I said, the staff in my GAME are well nice.
Fri 31/10/03 at 16:56
Regular
"Balls"
many shops have seen back when they are trying to sell me stuff, i buy what i want.

funniest thing is when some prat in game kept taking about the GBA which was about to be reased, my mates and i left him talking to himself.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.