GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What is wrong with the staff in GAME??"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 30/10/03 at 20:17
Regular
"Conker the King"
Was in GAME today and overheard this conversation between a mum, her kid and the 'drip' member of staff.

Mum - "I want to get a GBA for my son, which game is best"?
Drip - "What sort of game do you want"?
Mum - "I thought computer games were for boys".
Drip - "My future wife loves watching me play". (dump him now love)!
Mum - "Its for my son"
Drip (to son) - "How old are you"?
Son (looking horrified) - "Ten"
Drip - "Oh, you're the ideal age. You are who Nintendo aim their games at"!
Mum - "Oh thats good"
Me - Thumps drip, walks off, boycotts GAME for another month!
Mon 03/11/03 at 21:01
Regular
As far as I am aware, they sell all platinum games for less than £15.

That's cheaper than other retailers in my locality.
Mon 03/11/03 at 18:20
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Just because you don't need them doesn't mean they suck.

Using that rule, tampons suck too (literally obviously, but you know what I mean), and so do heart de-fribulators.
Mon 03/11/03 at 18:17
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Yep, but I gave my personal opinion from my own experience.

I have a PC, credit cards, am not stupid enough to think my card details are at risk, and I can live with waiting a day for a game. Hence GAME stores suck.
Mon 03/11/03 at 18:07
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Well for a start there's the people without credit cards, like most people, or infact all people under the age of 18. Then there's the people scared of giving their credit card details over the internet. Then there's the people without access to their own home PC. Then there's the fact that you have to wait a day or two for your game to be delivered, or, if there's a postal strike, two to three weeks.

enough answers?
Mon 03/11/03 at 18:00
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Maverick42 wrote:
> Belldandy wrote:
> GAME stores suck
>
> No they don't. Yours might, but not necessarily the others.

Yes they do, who in their right mind wants the world's most expensive second hand games, crap trade in prices, and games stuck almost always on RRP when their website offers far lower prices, often by as much as £10, and unfailing delivery to your door on release day.

Why pay 39.99 to buy from a store when odds are you can get it 34.99 or 29.99 online ?
Mon 03/11/03 at 12:36
Regular
Yeah it's not that great.

But why there is 3 of these stores in Cambridge I'll never know... 2 are relativly small and one is massive... and they are always busy.

Insane.
Mon 03/11/03 at 12:20
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Anyway... we got a SR store coming to us soon. Shame its in Thorpe. But at least its nearer than the Essex one.
Mon 03/11/03 at 12:19
Regular
"hit the road jack"
We have 3 stores in Norwich for some reason. We dont need three. One is a tiny area ontop of Debenams. When I asked about that silver Mario Kart box she told me its not that great, (which I totally agree with) but Double Dash may come with a free memory card like Resident Evil 0 did..

huh?
Sun 02/11/03 at 18:18
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
GAME are usually nice to me, and i can haggle on some second hand goods.
Sun 02/11/03 at 17:36
Regular
But won't happen...

Doing these close ties with GAME will actually help cheapen advertisement for both companies.

And therefore means more advertisement.

possibly.

More special bonus stuff that's for certain.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.