GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rainbow 6 3"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Rainbow Six 3'.
Sun 09/11/03 at 12:58
Regular
"Oops..."
What do those of you who have it think of it, as I am in 2 minds whether to get it or not.
Tue 11/11/03 at 18:53
Regular
You lack knowledge when you come out with comments to do with things you know nothing about. You seem to think its a dumbed down version of the PC game when in fact its developed by a completely different team from scratch hence the reason why it makes the PC version look balls.
Tue 11/11/03 at 18:56
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Which would be why it's carp compared to the hard as nails PC version, and why all the levels are dumbed down PC version ones ?

Y'know the village on the first level ? On the PC one that was about a 1/4 of the second level. And it snowed :P
Tue 11/11/03 at 18:58
Regular
Oh wow it snowed. Crap gameplay and utter boredom doesn't matter because it actually snowed.

Oh and don't give me crap about it being 1/4 of the second mission, I have a video of the second mission on the PC version and they completed it in 1 minute 58 seconds, granted they were good at the game but they still did it in 1 minute 58 seconds.
Tue 11/11/03 at 19:01
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I was pretty happy to get online last night on R6 and find that there was downloadable content available straight away. :-)

Played the mansion level with a few guys and we were the nuts. ;-) I got the most kills with 13 - not bad for my first go of the level. ;-p
Tue 11/11/03 at 19:22
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I can hardly believe the two versions would be totaly different.
Tue 11/11/03 at 19:57
Regular
They are, completely almost.
Tue 11/11/03 at 20:00
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I mean PS2/XBox.....not GTA/VC.

Unless you meant the same.

Ho-hum.
Tue 11/11/03 at 20:02
Regular
I meant R63 but the Xbox version of GTA suppsoedly put the PS2 ones to shame.
Tue 11/11/03 at 20:04
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Lol, triple confusion.

I imagine the XBox GTA is like the PC one, in terms of extra features. Not much more brilliant, but welcome all the same.
Tue 11/11/03 at 20:31
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Oh wow it snowed. Crap gameplay and utter boredom doesn't matter
> because it actually snowed.

You obviously missed the jest in that comment.

> Oh and don't give me crap about it being 1/4 of the second mission, I
> have a video of the second mission on the PC version and they
> completed it in 1 minute 58 seconds, granted they were good at the
> game but they still did it in 1 minute 58 seconds.

Exactly. And you know how they will have done it ? Using teams which split up and take the level down from all possible directions, using a plan. This is what is so brilliant about the PC versions, a good plan and you rip through the enemy like lightning, perfectly co-ordinated.

On the first game I used to get a time of just over 1 minute for the first level because my plan was that perfect.

The Xbox version has no such planning, you either let the team trail behind you, or play stop start all the time advancing through the levels.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.