GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Star Wars Galaxies: Subscription charge"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Star Wars Galaxies'.
Tue 11/11/03 at 13:53
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Can someone clear this up for me please - do you have to pay a monthly charge to play the game online? And, is it worth getting just to play offline? It looks really good, and the premise makes my mouth water, but having to pay a monthly fee on top of getting broadband, the cost of the game, and amount of my life it will consume, it suddenly seems not worth it.

Same goes for Planetside.
Fri 21/11/03 at 12:14
Regular
"lei fang!!!!!"
ah well done. You made me slightly change my view I applaud you!
Thu 20/11/03 at 15:56
"Darkness, always"
I'm just messing about. This conversation stopped being serious a while back. Still, always amusing to see how people's arguments change in the face of a complete refusal to accept them.
Thu 20/11/03 at 15:54
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
How did a conversation about the extortionate subscription fees for computer games turn into "handbags"?
Thu 20/11/03 at 15:51
Regular
"lei fang!!!!!"
ah I can see there is no winning you over so I will stop
Thu 20/11/03 at 13:22
"Darkness, always"
So, the same as any online game, then?
Thu 20/11/03 at 12:43
Regular
"lei fang!!!!!"
ok more community influenced then
Thu 20/11/03 at 10:55
"Darkness, always"
Yes, just like a stock exchange, and how influential is any individual in that?
Thu 20/11/03 at 10:53
Regular
"lei fang!!!!!"
Its just a matter of taste. In regards to the significance post I made, take for example eve. The virtual economy in eve is TOTALLY player based. If there is an excess of tritanium then the prices will be dirt cheap but if there is a sudden shortage the prices shoot up. and this can take place within a matter of seconds.
Wed 19/11/03 at 11:56
"Darkness, always"
I charge significantly more than £7.99 a month, boys.
Wed 19/11/03 at 11:52
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Yeah!
Give him £7.99 per month and he'll come round and shine a really strong torch in your face at 3am, steal any trinkets you may have found that day and shout idiot phrases at you, probably in German.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.