GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Spam increase to Freeola email"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/03/10 at 15:16
"Are you sure?"
Sorry it's always me...;¬)

Any other Freeola users noticed an increase in SPAM recently?

We've just had a pretty good run of low levels of SPAM, but for the large range of domain/emails I look after I can see a recent increase.

If there's anything Freeola can check/update it would be appreciated.

Am I right in thinking SPAM email samples sent as attachments via Outlook are still no use to you?

Thanks.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 19/03/10 at 10:36
Regular
"I like turtles"
Much better for me as well this morning.

Cheers guys.
Fri 19/03/10 at 10:21
"Are you sure?"
Warhunt wrote:
> Got a lot less spam this morning? Hopefully some others have
> noticed the same? .......
>
> I have not heard any news from the issue at the moment but I'm
> seeing a trend downwards. Willing to accept that this might just
> be me though to be honest.
>
> You kicking about today Hmmm...?

Hi Warhunt, always kicking around :¬)

Yep better for me too.
From 30 down to around 5 overnight (back to the familiar image attachments with moronic wording).

It would be nice to think that changes have been made at Freeola's end using people's submitted samples rather than the ISPs of the spammers having taken some action.

Who looks after your email service? Going by Eccles' comments it sounds like it might be an outside team?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 19/03/10 at 10:10
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Got a lot less spam this morning? Hopefully some others have noticed the same? .......

I have not heard any news from the issue at the moment but I'm seeing a trend downwards. Willing to accept that this might just be me though to be honest.

You kicking about today Hmmm...?
Fri 19/03/10 at 08:30
Regular
Still watching this thread with interest, although I am still getting the odd bit spam, I was at a friends the other night and he is with BT he logged into his account online, and had over 600 messages in his spam folder, he told me that was usual for a day! I am just glad am not with BT

Digi
Thu 18/03/10 at 18:44
Regular
www.mailwasher.net takes you straight to a free version page, whereas the Firetrust site are only showing a paid version with 30 day trial (and yes, it's the same).

N.
Thu 18/03/10 at 18:25
Regular
"I like turtles"
Hmmm... wrote:

> Searching for "free mailwasher" shows
> www.mailwasher.net, is this the same company/product that you are
> using as I don't see a free version on the Firetrust site?

Yeah,that's the same program I found before I realised it may be a different app.Will have a look at it tomorrow as I'm off out now.

Cheers for the heads up,appreciated.
Thu 18/03/10 at 17:33
"Are you sure?"
Hi Neilj99,
I've just corrected my link (missed the http://)!
Does it still fail for you?

Searching for "free mailwasher" shows www.mailwasher.net, is this the same company/product that you are using as I don't see a free version on the Firetrust site?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 18/03/10 at 17:24
Regular
The Firetrust domain isn't resolving at my end. So your link also fails.

EDIT: Mailwasher is a free product, however, you can purchase the Pro version.

N.
Thu 18/03/10 at 17:22
"Are you sure?"
Neilj99 wrote:
> ...it appears they take their server down for maintenance
> or something, this time of day. Keep trying.

A bit like half-day opening on a Wednesday in the 1970's...
Seems hard to believe - it might be a bad link?

This one works unless you were pointing to different info: www.firetrust.com/en/products/mailwasher-pro

EDIT: I'm sure Freeola will sort it out soon though - we've been here before. So before buying anything I'm still banking on
Freeola's FREE Anti-spam, Email protection & loads more

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 18/03/10 at 16:57
Regular
Re: Mailwasher

Go to Firetrust to have a look.

They are based in NZ and it appears they take their server down for maintenance or something, this time of day. Keep trying.

I've used it for years, and had no complaints.

N.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.